It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF caught allowing guns into Mexico!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've heard of conspiracy theories that indicate that the US government was sending weapons to Mexican cartels for whatever reason...to rustle anti-gun rallies, etc, but this report puts a new light on things.

Apparently, some genius in the justice department thought it would be a good idea to allow over a thousand guns to flow freely into Mexico to set up some sort of "sting" and net the cartels....which so far hasn't happened. However, it appears they have monitored the weapons enough to trace them to multiple cases of violence...including toward some of their own. This interview of an agent on CBS news should rock some boats....maybe. Also, didn't the Mexican Pres. just visit the WH saying the US needs to stop guns going into Mexico? This takes irony to a new level; or embarrassment.

LINK
edit on 3-3-2011 by empireoflizards because: Paragraph structure

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Us law abiding US citizens have to go through all kinds of loops and follow a thousand different gun laws yet our Government is freely giving these weapons to known criminals. That makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
WOW!

So half way through the person said one of the (Thousands of!!!) weapons allowed to go across the border, ended up KILLING a US border patrol guard??? Then the senator tries to investigate and is stonewalled, getting no info at all on it..

This can not be suppressed. This info needs to get out there to everybody.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As a country with an enormous amount of problems all of it's own, a normal everyday American would question why the government would waste it's tax dollars worrying about another country, let alone sending guns into said country.

I'm sure a majority of the people in charge of sending these guns to Mexico are the same people who pushed for a wall around the boarder, which in itself is beyond me.

Irony is sad but still hilarious in it's ways.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
As a country with an enormous amount of problems all of it's own, a normal everyday American would question why the government would waste it's tax dollars worrying about another country, let alone sending guns into said country.

Well said... Its really crazy if you really think about the way the US runs things... its just absurd, and surreal. How could the past generations let it come to this?!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm sure a majority of the people in charge of sending these guns to Mexico are the same people who pushed for a wall around the boarder, which in itself is beyond me.

It's just an economic policy, if the "problem" were not so big, all these people would lose their jobs. They gotta make sure they stay in business.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy

It's just an economic policy, if the "problem" were not so big, all these people would lose their jobs. They gotta make sure they stay in business.

You might have a point there. I recall several years ago a report on the war on drugs. The head of the DEA himself flat out said that the CIA were the ones pushing CRACK, and on a separate occasion, a number of cops from a southwestern state said the same. But, to stay on topic, I wonder if this interview of this agent is only the tip of the iceberg. In a compartmentalized government, how many directors or other bureaucratic managers are thinking about job security, practicing cronyism, or maybe...just maybe, taking orders from above in some insane grand conspiracy?? Too many variables to contemplate right now. No wonder people are protesting everywhere.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There was a video that Blumberg put out showing a "dealer" (read "agent") that was a private individual selling a weapon to a john doe.

"You dont do background checks do you?"

"Oh no."

"Good, I couldnt pass it anyway"

Really? I knew that was rigged. this proves it.

Everyone bump this up! this is important!

sandf

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by empireoflizards

I guess it's good that someone finally spoke up, but have to ask how this has gone on so lomg without question.

The Obama Administration/DHS has been doing this since they got to Washington, and some people actually noticed:

The U.S. State Department’s Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) program allows private companies to sell defense hardware or services to foreign purchasers — which include both government units and private buyers in other countries. State reports provide evidence of the extensive volume of U.S. private-sector arms shipments to both Mexico and Latin America in general.

According to DCS reports, $1 billion in defense hardware was approved for export to Mexico via private U.S. companies between fiscal year 2004 and fiscal year 2007. During the same period, a total of some $3.7 billion in weapons and hardware was approved under the DCS program to all of Latin America and the Caribbean.

The total value of State Department-approveddefense-related hardware and service exports by private U.S. companies to Mexico tallied nearly $5 billion over the four-year window.

And that doesn’t even count the $700 million in assistance already authorized under the Merida Initiative or any new DCS exports approved for fiscal years 2008 and 2009, which ends Sept. 30.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
misplacedtexan-jrwondra.blogspot.com...

But, who on ATS cares about facts , when stories are so much fun?

edit on 4-3-2011 by jdub297 because: merida

top topics

join