It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda being used in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Okay, we have all seen the lunatic like rantings from Colonel Gadaffi and interviews with his son Saif defending the regime.

No doubt there have been some terrible atrocities inflicted on the people by Gadaffi and his cronies.

But:

Rumours of anti Gadaffi protests in Tripoli have been widley reported, but footage coming out of the capital seems to dispell this. In addition reports of Gadaffi using bombers to blow up a arms depot in Tobruk have been dispelled by the MSM. A visit to the site showed the depot with its full arsenal still intact and a suggestion that there was a possible bomb crater near by, but looked weeks old.

Obviously Gadaffi wants to hold onto power and will result to Propaganda to assist him, but it now seems the West are hellbent on removing him at any cost. The U.K Prime Minister called for a no fly zone over Libya, but this has been vetoed by Russia and China.

My main question is who can we believe in times like this? Or who should we believe?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Who can we believe? ummm not the guy who ordered the bombing of a civilian airplane with women and children on board, for starters. China probably has oil/mineral rights in Libya and Russia sells military parts and equip and would HATE to see a pro western regime installed. Arms contracts are serious $$$ and China has been buying massive amounts of resources from the entire continent. I'll believe MY gov, not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I am sure some elements at the periphery of the demonstrators "'color" their statements when they speak to western journalists, of that I have no doubt.

Gaddafi on the other hand, given the choice between the truth and a bald-faced lie, will always choose the lie. Fourty-plus years of that sadistic maniac is reason enough by itself for the people to toss that nutcase dictator out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Although I agree with your sentiments, with disinformation coming from the press regarding events, this doesn't help people make an informed decision.

It's good to see you are a patriot, but remember the WMD's in Iraq? IMO that was the conspiracy theory that made a lot of people suspicious of their government's genuine intentions.

top topics

join