It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another dictator - Another taking over - will America get into action ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As I get more and more Information from ATS members . I wonder more .

as every body knows Libya is another country with oil and other mineral resources. A dictator has already killed a lot of people .

the question is : will US government get into action and get this dictator out the hell of Libya ?

why do we see lots of dictators killing there own people these days ?

there are lots of chances for USG to take.

what's your idea ?
edit on 27/2/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My idea is to stay out of it and let Libyans worry about their country, while we worry about ours.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I say we ask the Bush administration for advice.

::: Canned Laughter :::

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

hmdphantom, I like how you are extremely inquisitive. I've seen several posts from you trying to stir thinking. While I wish that the US would intervene for the sole purpose of to liberate Libya I'm afraid that USA doesn't bail out anyone without conditions. The only time our President even started to speak out against Gadhafi was when he threatened to sabotage the oil fields which is interesting because we only get less than 5% of our oil from them.

Personally I'd like to see a private organization such as Xe or the Aegis Defence Services take action and try to redeem themselves for the Iraq incidents. It would be nice if they just rolled up to fight alongside the Libyans.

edit on 27-2-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I say america stay away from Libyia, let them duke it out appoint a new government and hope they stay friendly towards us

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I like the way most of you said ' America will stay out '.

but how about this

obama on Feb 23th

and this

obama on Feb 28th

and if you recall it was the same about Iraq. Saddam was one of the America's puppets who was down by America so as was Bin laden ... it is the same routine and same screen play.
edit on 27/2/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

Personally I'd like to see a private organization such as Xe or the Aegis Defence Services take action and try to redeem themselves for the Iraq incidents. It would be nice if they just rolled up to fight alongside the Libyans.

edit on 27-2-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

Holy crap... that's an excellent idea for them to get some positive PR back. They (Xe, anyway) have shown horrible professionalism in some disastrous incidents. Now that you said that, I'm surprised they haven't jumped in there with their corporate logo waving high. You know that would seal a permanent contract with the future Libyan government.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I like the way most of you said ' America will stay out '.

but how about this

obama on Feb 23th

and this

obama on Feb 25th

and if you recall it was the same about Iraq. Saddam was one of the America's puppets who was down by America so as was Bin laden ... it is the same routine and same screen play.

Most Americans mean for that to come out as "After we caused the horrible situation to sprout, we should stay out of any future repercussions".

I feel ya, man. Hypocrisy is the new norm and the more we fight it, the more it spins.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The United States will not launch a strike against Libya as the ultra right wants us to invade to keep the "Wars Over Energy" going. Do not expect it. That is the last thing the Arab world needs is our boots in Northern Africa.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The libyan rebels don't want the help of the US they've said so

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If america goes in there guns blazing both sides will fight against the americans, they would be seen as an unwanted foreign invasion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In my opinion, it is not a matter of " if " but " how " , the problem arising now is that the U.N. is dragging many European nations into a situation that could go both ways. Its not about the military might of any Middle Eastern or Coastal Nation that can endanger the E.U., but rather the repercussions of such an alliance with tribes who have not yet dealt with other nations on a global forum. France has decided to aid the Libyan opposition forces purely to protect its interests, so i ask you all ? , why is the rest of the E.U. being dragged into this skirmish ?

Are we all simply witnessing a reproduction of the Iraq - Iran conflict. Remember, Iraq was an allie against Iran and Russia was later destabilized from within and the result being that very person who was shaking hands and conducting billion dollar deals was later beheaded by his allies. This is well known and those of you or who are eager to support in the name of liberty or democracy, i suggest to rethink it all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It is 3/18 . The next invasion is going to happen in Libya. Afghanistan and Iraq were not enough . they demand more resources . The monster should be fed otherwise it will attack. it is time now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Get into action with what? They have a few free aircraft carriers to impose a no fly zone, but they are tied up in 2 wars, there is no draft and even if there was a draft, what are you going to draft? You would need supersized uniforms. In therms of able bodies Italy could raise a larger army than the us. I guess they could send the 100.000 combat troops that left Iraq, if they havent been downsized already.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No, America is not going to police Libya as it is Europe's problem as they are spearheading this new "No Fly Zone" which the Government at Tripoli is looking to recognize fully.

The United States will not lead this charge.

We are not the broadsword of the world.

edit on 18-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

when I say America I mean the the multinational corporations behind wars not exactly the America .

Every gov who is behind these incs more or less.

I remember an Iranian king . once a Mongolian king was invading his country. as they broke into the country and he was informed he said : they haven't already invaded my state. ........ as they invaded his town he said they haven't invaded my castle. and as they broke into his castle he just stood up and surrendered and gave his own crown to the invaders.

America is not doing a favor for Libyan people and this costs of war should be returned some how.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The GOP & DNC have killed more people and caused more suffering than Gaddafi.

Just the other day obama killed 40 innocent people with an airstrike which caused "North Waziristan tribes declare war against US"

" A grand jirga of tribal elders from North Waziristan Agency on Friday said that they would wage jihad against America to avenge those killed in drone attacks."

tribune.com.pk...

top topics

join