It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They <i>want</i> the World to see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Check out which hotels the cameras are in so the reporters are nice and safe. They want us to see what's happening here. That first big strike seemed pretty precise to me. Any doubts that the Americans are taking great strides to ensure civilian safety are seriously misguided.

This is gonna be good. Start popping the popcorn. WOW!

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
this thread is useless without a LINK!

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Actually, there may be an alternative reason for our government to want us to see the level of firepower at their command:
In case of another Civil War, such images broadcast would seem to be quite a deterrent to any civilians seeking to join such a new revolution...Deterred by fear of facing that firepower. Our current government has obviously turned from "rule by law, justice & the consent of the Poeple" into a "rule by fear" system; Fear of revolution, fear of "homeland security", fear of terrorist attacks that they've supported behind the scenes for so many years.

However, there's a couple of things wrong with that idea that most people won't even think about:
1) Civilians outnumber military personnel by a factor of 20-1...On the average. The military may have more sophisticated weapons, but a very sizable chunk of the civilian population are armed too. This is the reason that the "Right to Bear Arms" appears in the Consitution...So that the People can defend themselves from invasion & protect themselves from an oppressive government.
2) How many US troops do you think would go AWOL & join the revolution if they were called upon to *invade their own country*? You can bet that many of them would bring their issued weapons with them in the process...
3) The *timing* of a new Civil War would be important in this case...The vast bulk of the most sophisticated weaponry at the command of the government is now *halfway around the world*! There are still troops stateside, but it would still be a cakewalk compared to facing the troops & equipment that are currently overseas.
4) With such an overwhelming majority of People, such would be the best time to try a *peaceful* revolution to oust the crooks from our seats of power & make them face trail for their crimes...And to restructure the government system to more closely resemble the vision of our Founding Fathers as they told us in the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would think any civil war against the US central government, would be matched by the same weapons, especially after this war, because all National Gaurd Units that go over there would be upgraded to their level.

top topics

join