It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any plans to control the internet against the WOT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I hope we are all using WOT=war on terror.

I think that the internet is the #1 source for information as a catalyst for change and liberation. After all would YOU know what you know if it was not for the internet? Divide and conquer right?

When do you see restrictions set for the internet? 2020?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Alrite Scolecite
In my opinion i would say the internet is the best source of information. a brilliant example is ATS.

about the restrictions on the internet..is that hypothetically speaking? sorry if that sounded dumb. or is there intetions to do such a thing?

if there was going to be restrictions i would say if there was going to be restrictions they could possibly happen when something big might happen and the goverments etc wanted it closed.

there any particular reason why you said 2020?

i think this is a big 'if though if such a thing was to happen IMO

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
it would be a big thing, but of course just relese a litte anthrax into the mail when its happening and noone will be thinking about it so I think they could get away with it.

I choose 2020 becuase, I dont know its just a date. I was thinking it would be hard in 5 years, but in 15?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This would never happen. The Internet is a global thing designed for global use, by microsoft. You cant just go ahead and shut it down in other countries. First of all America has no right to do so, only the country can. Second of all...again it would never happen.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
You cant just go ahead and shut it down in other countries.

I dont think Scolecite was reffering to the whole thing being brought down..just placing restrictions on parts of it. eg. war on terror was Scolecite's example.

Rynaldo

[edit on 17-7-2004 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
first, to clarify, microsoft doesnt control the internet and didnt design the internet.

re wot and the internet, there are changes in place already as a result of it. isp's are now required to store emails for 7 years i believe so if the government wants to go back through your emails, they can. also, there are contingency plans in place for when terrorist activities occor such as "black boxes" that monitor traffic at the router level and control of internet traffic in and out of our borders. if you check what happened right after 9-11, the government basically "turned off" international internet traffic and and out of the us as they assessed what was going on.

top topics

join