It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilty, until proven innocent: Scott Peterson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Has anyone looked into the Scott Peterson case beyond what the media presented?

I highly suggest reading the book "Presumed Guilty" by Matt Dalton. He was one of Peterson's former attorneys.

Now it's been a few years since I have given it a read, but I was absolutely fascinated by it. I even made everyone in my family read it. Some things I got from this book were that

1. The police had it in for him from the beginning, and threatened to eventually "get him"

2. Peterson never voluntarily took out a $250,000 life insurance policy on Lacy. He in fact, tried to get her a $100,000 life insurance policy, but Lacy complained and wanted to match Scott's. They did so 20 months beforehand while purchasing their house. It's recorded, but the police lied about it to the Rocha family.

3. There was also a long history of pregnant women found dead in the bay area. They were mutilated the same way as Lacy. Hands and feet missing, head missing too. Check out Evelyn Hernandez. And there was actually a drawing of a dead pregnant woman dismembered in the same way Lacy was dismembered right near where Lacy was found. Satanists were commonplace in this area.

4. In Scott's defense, Lacy's Ob/ Gyn testified that she suffered from herpes since she was a teenager, and thus they had trouble with getting her pregnant. Scott was the one paying the costly fertility treatment. Scott was the one making his son a new room.

5. There were multiple (6 I believe) credible witnesses that saw Lacy, at the time that Scott took of for his fishing trip, including a retired police officer who saw her.

6. Police photos have shown items in slightly different locations, which suggests tampering.

7. There was a van going around the neighborhood at the time which was harassing a few women for about a month or so. This van was also seen by the retired police officer, right near a pregnant lady walking her dog.

8. Scott was in Mexico after the killing for business. If he wanted to flee, he could have done so then.

There is much more in the book, I can't recall everything. Like some of the defense's testimony was thrown out in court because it was "irrelevant" or something to that extent.

But all things aside, there is no proven motive, no cause of death, no conclusive evidence, NOTHING.

And if I was Scott, and the police were out to get me from day one, and it looks like everythings going to hit the fan for him, I would in no question try and get out of the USA also. I have no faith in the justice system through my own experiences.

Television is a tool of mass distortion. And Television most definitely convicted this man instead of an untainted jury.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
sound slike you like to defend murderers too.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
sound slike you like to defend murderers too.

Do you have the evidence that he was a murderer or you like to use fallacies like ad hominem
to make a point?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

As a person whose life was destroyed by our so-called "justice system", I can tell you that the police, prosecutors and judges are corrupt. Period. End of story. Are there a few that are good and trying to do the right thing? Yes, but I would say it is less than 1% of the total.

The concept of "innocent until proven guilty" is an absolute lie. All a prosecutor need do is make an accusation, if you can't prove your innocence, you are screwed. Period. Don't even try to argue the point because I'm not relaying someone ele's experience, I am relaying my own.

I have a friend who is going through a situation right now. His lawyer basically told him that he needs to prove his innocence. The prosecution in his case has nothing but speculation and a tiny bit of circumstantial evidence. I happen to know the true facts of the case, so I know that the prosecution is way off base and they are making stuff up based on a movie plot or something that the prosecutor read somewhere. If my friend can not come up with proof, he is going to jail. The prosecution needs to prove nothing.

For some reason judges always believe cops, even when a cop's story is an obvious lie and makes no sense, they will just blindly agree. it is surreal when it's happening to you.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of our corrupt justice system- Recall "Justice" Thomas!!! If he stays on the bench, it just empowers other corrupt judges!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Nicely stated. I know the all to well, completely surreal feeling of being convicted of something that I was totally innocent for. There are good cops and judges out there. But there are many corrupt ones too, and a corrupt policeman can ruin your life. When you are sitting next to your lawyer in a court room, hearing a police officer falsely testifying against you, it is the most enraging, sad, pathetic feeling in the world that I hope nobody ever has to experience. Your word is no good against a cop.

new topics

top topics

join