It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Orange 'used to clear Canadian roads until 1980s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Agent Orange isn't toxic by itself. The problem in Vietnam was that it was contaminated with dioxin.

Prior to the controversy surrounding Agent Orange, there was already a large body of scientific evidence linking 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D to serious negative health effects and ecological damage.[14] But in 1969 it was revealed to the public that the 2,4,5-T was contaminated with a dioxin, 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD), and that the TCDD was causing many of the previously unexplained adverse health effects which were correlated with Agent Orange exposure.[15] TCDD has been described as "perhaps the most toxic molecule ever synthesized by man".[16] Internal memos reveal that Monsanto Corporation (a manufacturer of 2,4,5-T) had informed the U.S. government as early as 1952 that 2,4,5-T that was contaminated with a toxic chemical.[17]

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

You know, Agent Orange was created by Monsanto? They've also got an Oil company.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Unless you mean that one can come into contact with un tainted Agent Orange without ANY negative side effects, then I believe your point to be a little empty. Its like saying, "yeah, this is an ecstasy pill, but dont worry, I didnt cut it with carpet cleaner OR rat poison this time." . Its still going to damage a person either way, and the environment to boot, and therefore it should never have been used!
Same solution, get the people to work the roadsides instead of chemicals.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Does anyone know if this is the stuff they kept at the Chatham, NB Army base outdoors in barrels? This is horrible info, but s&f for bring it to our attention.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

The problem everywhere was it was contaminated with dioxins. I actually don't believe it was an accident that it was in there.

I did a thread on this subject a few years ago when the lawsuits were being heard here in Canada over this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's deplorable the way the governments of our countries reacted to this.

Good find and I'll be adding this story into my folder on the Agent Orange story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join