It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany - new National Cyberdefence Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I didn't see it on ATS, so I (as your link to Germany
) wanted to share this information with you, of course translated

The federal government of Germany today passed a resolution on cyber-defense for their own IT security. Digital attacks on German authorities will now be blocked centrally.

Federal Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière explained that a failure of the Internet would be critical for Germany. Therefore it's a need to ensure that the Internet is available, free and secure. There was an average of every two seconds an attack on the Internet, and each week a successful attempt to attack a German authority network digitally. Therefore there is now the new Center for Cyber-Defense, Federal Agency for Security of computer science. Here, the authorities should cooperate more than before.

Moreover, there should also be a Cyber-Security council. In this, representatives of the Federal Government and the business community for advice on IT security will work together. If the Cyber-Security Council deems it necessary, he can also ask scientists for advice. Above all, government and industry will work together on issues of IT security in the future.

It seems the my government finally realized the necessity of IT security

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Hi!

I have a suggestion. Give us a link to the German-language source of the article - just for the record.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Keeping in mind cyber attaks from chinese servers on various countries,it is best for every country to beef up its cyber security.A good move

new topics

top topics

join