It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the superstition with crows?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221

Originally posted by toblerone65
The other thing about crows was said at the tower of london - when the crows leave so the tower will fall - but so far they have not - and of coruse it has not - if i remember correctly even today they even have one assigned beefeater - to feed and look after the crows just to make sure - as they say - U never know

Isnt it ravens?? ive only been there.. 8 times lol

Yes you're right it is Ravens, supposedly they carry the soul of King Arthur and he watches over the tower. Used to love goin there as a nipper

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The death metal band "Slipknot" had an experience with a murder of crows, one night after a show they were all driving home a road at night, they had to stop because they said there was tens of thousands of crows on the road as far as their lights would let them see, i think they let their horn go off and it scared them all off...or something like that...when they all flew away there was one dead one left on the road, one of the drummers -Shaun Crohan, put it into a jar and kept it.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Fun Fact!

Crows will often be seen rolling around in the dirt of an ant hill. The reason for this bizarre habit is because the ants will crawl into the crow's feathers and clean and it's the bird's skin.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hello, All,
I am wondering, with regard to the Native American symbolisms for crow, where one can find specifics on the Cherokee outlook toward crow and raven, please?
many thanks,
Shira D. (Universal healthCare Cantaora)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My encounter with crows is a bit different. My dad passed away a few months ago and I missed him so very much. before he died I told him never to forget me (don't know I said that) and after that I prayed for him to show me a sign to know its him and for some reason, I believe it's a crow and here's why.

The night before he was buried, I dreamed he came to me asking me to take note of the birds on his grave and the next day (I was too tired to stay fir the burial) when my brothers came back with pictures of the funeral, there were two crows on the grave! i believe one was my mum - she too had passed away.

I am pregnant and the morning of my ultrasound to detect the gender, a crow landed on a tree closest to my bedroom window and crowed non-stop for more than 4 minutes. I shooed it away but it stayed so I said "Dad if it's you, crow twice and stop" and it did! Then I said "if this baby is going to boy, crow once", and it did! Yes, it is a boy as I found out later that morning.

I do groceries a lot and this time, I had my car full of grocery with no help, so this crow flew down next to the trunk of my car and I yelled out of frustration "Stop staring at me, go gt help!" and behold, it flew away only to return seconds later with another crow!!

Another incident was that a crow flew to that tree next to my window I had mentioned before and crowed again for quite a long time and wouldn't go no matter what I did, and that same night there was a huge storm and that tree was struck by lightening and was brought down. I haven't seen or heard that crow every since. It used to be like twice a week I'd see the crow but not ever since that tree was brought down...

It is really scary just thinking of it, and I really don't know what to make of all these.... can someone help me out there please? Should I be scared or comforted? HELP!!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by univhealthcarecanta
Hello, All,
I am wondering, with regard to the Native American symbolisms for crow, where one can find specifics on the Cherokee outlook toward crow and raven, please?
many thanks,
Shira D. (Universal healthCare Cantaora)
I read a book about native american symbolism and language years ago. I remember the Raven was called Wigit and meant trickster and I think it was used as a totem symbol but I'm not sure what tribe that was and I've tried looking it up since but to no avail. Sounds good though so I've kept it as my user name on various sites since. I like these big black birds. Did you know they stay together as couples for years and years? I think it was movies like The Birds and The Omen that made us modern day folk feel suspicious of them.

Originally posted by ebesekaIt is really scary just thinking of it, and I really don't know what to make of all these.... can someone help me out there please? Should I be scared or comforted? HELP!!
See the links posted earlier by Pisky. Here's the last verse of The Crow. I'd take comfort from it. They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength.
Look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life.
Crows are messengers calling to us
about the creation and magic that is alive in the world today
and available to us.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hows this

Friday the 13th, I come downstairs to open my study door (has chimney)
and two massive crows (maybe Ravens) are trying frantically to escape.
I opened the fron and back door and eventually (after alot of panicing on my belhalf) they escaped.

I have done some research and two crows is supposed to symobolise joy or two people seperating.

Any views as this has freaked me out - It doesnt happen every day put it that way.

Mose

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here is a small list at this link

It seems nothing good comes from crows and ravens. They are pitch black and eat dead things, so maybe it is just a natural reaction. I like them, so I am not a believer in these folk tales personally.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

I am a mailman. The end of 2006 my father was diagnosed with cancer. We were hopeful with his treatment. Early summer of 2007, I was delivering my route when I notice a crow was following me house to house squawking. One of my customers noticed this also and said to me, "That thing is following you" I told him I know and what does it mean. He said he would be nervous. The crow followed me for three streets before leaving. In december 2007 my father passed away. I just can't help but wonder if this was a message of his upcoming death.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Recently, a black crow swooped down and settled on my head, as I was going into the airport. A man had to beat it off of me. I could feel its sharp claws digging into my scalp. It was a negative experience, since I'd just been in a roll-over accident ten days before. I went on my trip anyway, but I have thought much about the crow, and I wonder if the Indians might place a meaning on this happening.

Thank you,

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was looking at this website (by the way, I'm 1/8 Cherokee, but I do not follow any customs) because I noticed that while I was walking outside this morning, that there were at least 40-50 ravens (or crows) flying over my house. If it makes any difference to anyone, they were flying from the North and they looked like they were headed Southeast. Does anyone know if this has any significant meaning? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Melissa

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
wat if a crow sits on ur head...like for 15-20 secs?????

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I like the dark birds. They have deep souls and senses of humor. They also are very regular but can be mysterious at the same time.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

This is what the crow says in the City of Angels

Ashe Corven: One crow, sorrow, two crows, joy, three crows for a girl, four crows for a boy, five crows for silver, six crows for gold, seven crows for a secret thats never been told.

This is the mythos of the crow they used to set the movies up. Wether it is based in real mythos or not I don't know

People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can not rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
All I can state is ,I know when someone near to me is going to die
a crow will come down caw three times,after the first so many deaths I thought nothing of it,now many many deaths later same thing I think something of it ,though I dont know why!!!!!!!!!just happens!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am part Crow Indians myself, and was taught by my Grandma that seeing a crow over your left shoulder meant a death in the family soon. I remember as a young man in Northern Indiana the crows got so bad the county placed a bounty on them, $0.50 a head for their dead body. They were eating all the field corn. I still cringe when I see one, and am careful not to look at one over my left shoulder!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There is an old Chippewa story about how disobedient girls were turned into crows.....not exactly sure how accurate that in fact is.

Then again I have experienced Bat Magick and I know that there is actually something to that....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Crows are great birds..they are funny and very sensitive. I've had three as pets and recently rescued one from the road. As a kid two of our crows would follow my car to school and wait for me to get out of class. Then follow me to the next building. They would also fly along when we rode are bikes or rode are horses.

The one that landed on your head might have been someones pet and was being friendly. Mine would land on my head or arm when it wanted company.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Ever since I was a small girl probably the age of 7, I can remember always having 2 crows that were as black as night live outside our house. Initially it bothered me but I soon became curious of these black shiny birds. I am 36 years old and everywhere I have lived, whether it be with my family or on my own, 2 crows, I don't know whether they are the same 2 but they have followed me. I haven't experienced the same close encounters as I have read on here but I have always been safe when they have been around. I miss them cawing when they are off eating. I don't seem to be worried by having 2 of them around its when I can only see 1 that I feel uneasy. I have told this to many people and only one of them said to me to find out what this means...the others have said I am just seeing things and should see a doctor. I didn't realise that there are alot of people out there that have the same experiences as I have but at least I know now that I am not imagining things....lol Other people have asked me if I am connected to the darkside in some way....I am not but a few things have happened that have made me question it but thats another story entirely......

Thanks for helping me put the crows into perspective.....if they wanted to hurt me they would have by now and thats nearly 20 years on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join