It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigade, "We'll Really Burn Italy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
With Berlusconi's strong support of America's war on terror and his recent refusal to give in when Italian hostages were held in Iraq its possible that Italy is number one on the list of European countries to be attacked by al Qaeda with the end of the so called "truce" that al Qaeda allegedly put in place after the 3/11 attack on Spain.

story.news.yahoo.com< br /> CAIRO, Egypt - A statement purportedly written by an al-Qaida-linked group threatened to launch attacks on Italian soil if Premier Silvio Berlusconi remains in office.

The statement, signed by the Brigades of Abu Hafs al-Masri and posted Friday on an Internet site known for carrying extremist Islamic content, follows the expiration of a three-month offer of a terrorism truce purportedly made by Osama bin Laden to European states, including Italy.

"Either you get rid of the inefficient Berlusconi, or we will really burn Italy," the undated statement said, adding, "Berlusconi is dragging you into more blood plus absolute slavery to America."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If al Qaeda were to strike hard in Italy in an attempt to force resignation of its Premier Silvio Berlusconi I have to believe that the Italians would also take a hard stand at home similar to its stand in Iraq. The question raised however is "will other European nations see an attack on Italy no matter the outcome as a reason to negotiate with terror groups"?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iraq Hostages and MIAs. April - June 12 2004
TA-THREATS: Al Qaeda Threatens Europe and Warns of Attacks

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Abu Hafs al-Masri is nothing to worry about". This is probably nothing more then some guy in London with a fax machine. He does produce something of a desired effect by creating "terror" in the minds of some, but I doubt this comes from a source with any links to any operational arm of Al-Qaida.

Abu Hafs al-Masri has claim responsibility for everything from the norteastern power outage last summer to the Madrid train bombings, to the western wildfires last year.

Although he does a nice job of trying to tie into the current fear of Al-Qaida attempting to disrupt democratic political processes.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Abu Hafs al-Masri is nothing to worry about". This is probably nothing more then some guy in London with a fax machine. He does produce something of a desired effect by creating "terror" in the minds of some, but I doubt this comes from a source with any links to any operational arm of Al-Qaida.

Abu Hafs al-Masri has claim responsibility for everything from the norteastern power outage last summer to the Madrid train bombings, to the western wildfires last year.

Although he does a nice job of trying to tie into the current fear of Al-Qaida attempting to disrupt democratic political processes.

There have been bombs found not only in Spain train tracks but also in France, and probably other places. France, Germany and some others have also arrested radical Islamists with links to terrorism and with making plans to bomb some places in those countries. Phreak, taking threats for granted will not do anything except let those that would truly commit terrorist acts escape. Isn't there still an issue with some people saying that our government, US, didn't take seriously the threats from Al Qaeda and Bin Laden about 9/11?

BTW radical Islamists have made threats to Italy in the past, if i remember correctly there is a prophecy of theirs in which they invade Rome, Italy again.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

BTW radical Islamists have made threats to Italy in the past, if i remember correctly there is a prophecy of theirs in which they invade Rome, Italy again.

Well, they never did invade Rome, but they did capture and hold Sicily for a while.

But I do recall the statement youare talking about. It said something about capturing Constantinople, and having failed to take Rome before, coming into Europe and completing the conquest of the holy cities of Christendom. Let me see if I can find it.

edit note: I think this is it
www.memri.org...

[edit on 17-7-2004 by Eastern_Diamondback]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Phreak, taking threats for granted will not do anything except let those that would truly commit terrorist acts escape.

Credible threats should be taken seriously. I can not disagree with that. My point was that the credibility of the Abu Hafs al-Masri brigade is seriously lacking.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The threats are meant to terrorize, they should be taken serious but never succumb to them. To do that only encourages more violence and you have lost and they have won.

The only way to fight terrorism is deny them the fear they crave. It is not for a noble or just cause as they might claim. Islamic extremist want you to submit to there beliefs or to kill you, plain and simple.

Actually the best way to fight terrorism is superior fire power!!

top topics

join