It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Finally Allow Archaeologists to Excavate the First Emperor's Pyramid Tomb Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Is the Chinese government finally going to allow archaeologists to excavate the First Emperor's Pyramid tomb complex? According to numerous scientists and archaeologists, our current level of technology is sufficient in ensuring that all of the artifacts in the tomb will be protected and preserved. The biggest obstacle is to very slowly bring the air and humidity levels in the tomb itself to the air and humidity levels as they are on the outside. If this is not done correctly, then artifacts can be lost very quickly .....

socyberty.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Ten bucks says he is either blond or redish haired.

Writing another thread on a related topic

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Great news! I am really intrigued by this. It will be interesting...beyond artifacts, the ethnicity of anyone buried. I expect mongoloid, but with the recent caucasoid discoveries in China, I would be interested if there may be any connection to the previous finds. By no means any racial bias baloney implied, its just very exciting.

The artifacts and potential for any written articles, or forgotten technology is going to be very interesting if and when it is released fully. Guess we will just have to wait and see, thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Where in that link is it saying that anything new is going to be excavated?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

there are some things that should be left alone, this one is in my top ten. pyramids are closed cities, this one is truly a forbidden city. it will be really hard to put the chin back in the bottle.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
im supprised the chiniese havent had a peak allready if it realy is the first emporer and is untouched then this could be the disclosure were all waiting for

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I heard there are some pretty nasty booby traps in that tomb. There could deadly pits in the floors along with impaling mechanisms. The team needs to be in armored suits and they need to be tied to each other just in case the floor falls out from under them. The reason I mention this is because there was a documentary on the emperor a while back and it said he had the designer of the tomb killed. That means there are traps and they mean to be deadly. They also need to be in hazmat suits because of the mercury lake in the tomb's center. The local alchemist convinced the emperor to drink mercury saying it would extend his life. He drank the mercury up to the day of his death.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
im supprised the chiniese havent had a peak allready if it realy is the first emporer and is untouched then this could be the disclosure were all waiting for

Perhaps this is true that they've had a peek already. Perhaps they have been feeling pressure from the supposedly 12,000 year old civilization that has been discovered in Turkey and presently being unearthed. Not to mention that they already must be deeply troubled and upset that fairly recent recovered remains from China tend to show caucasian hair coloring, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've been curious about the tomb since I watched "China's First Emperor" on the History Channel.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by chimaybliss

Ten bucks says he is either blond or redish haired.

Writing another thread on a related topic

What makes you think so? Should I wait for your thread

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I think Slayer is talking about the mummies discovered that were blond and red haired. Some of China's foot dragging could be over the ancestry of the first emperor. Would be crushing to national pride if he turned out to be a Caucasian. If I am not mistaken Slayer must be doing more on his Atlantis/Lemuria thread, since this fits with the theme

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I assumed it might have to do with those mummies. I haven't gone too in-depth with Chinese History, but aren't all of the artistic renderings of Qin Shi Huangdi exemplary of an ethnically Chinese/Asian/Mongoloid man? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So why now,. why are they "Evacuating" the contents
and where will these artifacts go to?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is this the one the radar scanned a while back with the bboby traps and a lake of mercury with possible starmaps?
Wish I could find a link but I know I read about that a while back.
Hope its the same one-send in the robots first!

Edit,Hey Slayer I bet the emporer will have grey skin and BIG black eyes,and he will be about 4feet tall.

He will be holding an artefact from his home planet,which we can use to open a quantum entanglement link to this other world. (IMO)

edit on 25/2/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

ill have to find the article, but i read somewhere that when the Roman Empire was at its highest that they not only lost a legion in England but they also lost a legion in Asia believe it was the 5th legion but im not entirely sure ill have to find the link and post it

that could be what he was saying about how the mummies could have caucasion atributes

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-2-2011 by caf1550 because: found article to help out post

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss
The biggest obstacle is to very slowly bring the air and humidity levels in the tomb itself to the air and humidity levels as they are on the outside. If this is not done correctly, then artifacts can be lost very quickly

I hope they think this through and proceed with caution. It would be a real shame to ruin such treasures.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think it would be cool if the mercury lake was still intact, I'd love to see what that looks like. It's probably real as they found elevated levels of mercury in the earth surrounding the tomb. The question is whether the pool is still all in one place or if it drained out over the millennia.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After they slowly equalize the inside humidity with the outside air they still need to send in robots first. Maybe they can get the robots to trigger the traps ahead of the archaeologists. Sima Qian says there are crossbows waiting to fire on any intruders.

Sima Qian's description of the tomb includes replicas of palaces and scenic towers, 'rare utensils and wonderful objects', 100 rivers made with mercury, representations of 'the heavenly bodies', and crossbows rigged to shoot anyone who tried to break in.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is mind blowing stuff.Forget Tutankhamen (
),Qin Shi Huangdi's mausoleum will dwarf anything for time to come!

new topics

top topics

join