It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! The Uterus Police!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pikappa

How is that even logical?
Sorry, as far as I am concerned it's NOT against the law for a pregnant woman to drink or smoke.
As far as you kicking a pregnant woman because you don't like the fact she's drinking or smoking IS criminal.
What you responded doesn't even make any sense.
You're out of your mind to even suggest that because you would like to control what pregnant women do.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

What the blank is your problem? You sound like you plan on taking down every woman in America yourself. Did you have an x miscarry because of drugs or alcohol? You sound like you have a grudge. Personally my uterus is none of your f-ing business!!!! If the government steps in wanting a death certificate because I have a miscarriage, I might as well shoot myself in the head! Because you know that means, ALL IS LOST IN AMERICA! You sound like a damn communist/christian nazi right wing f-ing nutjob! Same with the proposed bill. What the heck is this world coming too???? HELLO WE CANT EVEN BALANCE A BUDGET! OH MY GAWD!!!!! I cant even believe this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Learn what a hyperbole is, child. Also this isn't about what is lawful and what is not, at least not for me. It's about what is right and what is wrong. And just for the record, I don't care about what women do with their bodies, but I do care about what they do with their children's bodies. Throw yourself under a train, if it seems like a good idea to you, it's *your* body and *your* life, but I expect you to take responsibility for your children, yes even those that have yet to take their first breath. If you can't do that, you're not worthy of being a mother in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Another stupid man with such a itty bitty, tiny weeny and lack of technical know how, that his only recourse is to try and push his moronic and idiotic ideas on women, because of unrealized sexual fantasies. This is what a dude with vagina envy does...they dream up ways to make a woman's life miserable. Geezuz, I can't take it anymore!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

[color=deepskyblue] "May I have a little more salt to rub on my wound, please?"

Insult to injury is what it amounts to.

They are punishing the many for the actions of the few, and that's not right.

If it actually passes, (which I am hoping is not the case as sometimes these things kind of spread to other states.) I think they will find that it will be extremely difficult to regulate. I also would predict that quite a few people would be afraid to seek medical treatment for fear of getting in trouble. A lack of medical treatment and follow up during/after a miscarriage can be dangerous. I am hoping they take that into consideration.

edit on 22-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

definitely, if this passes (which I doubt) I bet we will see a sharp rise in the amount of women who just show up at the emergency room to deliver with no prior care. huh, I wonder what the ramifications to that would be.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They should track and report on every sperm he has killed by way self pleasuring. Reports, questioning family and medical exams...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Typical modern female thinking. It's all about "you". There are no others, expect when in function of you. Children become "things" you can dispose of with impunity, and men become the "enemies", forever coming up with new ways to rob you of your unalienable "rights" (because, really, that's all men ever cared about). But this spoiled princess syndrome is going to come to an end, sooner or later, because as it is, it's simply not "sustainable".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

[color=deepskyblue]The risk of hemorrhage and infection makes a miscarriage dangerous without the oversight of a doctor. The option is given after miscarriage is confirmed (was for me anyway) of letting nature take its course or getting a D&C. But often times, a D&C is needed anyway because the body failed to rid itself of the "products of conception", which is where the risk of infection comes into play.

Many women might be afraid to even seek prenatal care because to possible implications that might follow a miscarriage should they be unfortunate enough to experience one.

The whole thing is wrong on so many levels. I can't believe it's even being considered.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pikappa

So are you telling me, that you are going set your rules on my body? If my body decides it is going to reject a pregnancy, and miscarries, it is my business, and none of yours! Sounds like you are a Muslim waiting to push Sharia Law on me as well.
The male seed is five cents a quart, and all to easy to get. You guys think nothing of yanking on your joint and plastering your spasmodic emanation all over a printed photo, so life to you is cheap! Don't try to dictate to me.

My womb is mine. It isn't yours. Keep your paws and opinions off! This PRINCESS isn't going to take your crap!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikappa

Typical modern female thinking. It's all about "you". There are no others, expect when in function of you. Children become "things" you can dispose of with impunity, and men become the "enemies", forever coming up with new ways to rob you of your unalienable "rights" (because, really, that's all men ever cared about). But this spoiled princess syndrome is going to come to an end, sooner or later, because as it is, it's simply not "sustainable".

You had better watch that you don't fall off of your pedestal, Sir. You might bump your head on your way down.

[color=deepskyblue]Typical modern female thinking? Really? Not all all women are that way. I can't say that I know anyone personally that fits your description.

And my children are not things.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Many miscarraiges occur because of neglect... it's a simple fact so I'm not sure what you're going on about your personal experience for.

Do you think pregnant women should be free to smoke, cause brain damage etc. etc. to their unborn?
edit on 22-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

Smoking while pregnant does not cause brain damage to the unborn child! My mother smoked while pregnant and had five healthy, intelligent children.
I did an inadvertent study - I smoked while pregnant with my 3rd child, but not my first two. The 3rd child is head and shoulders above his brothers in terms of intelligence - he makes the other two look almost stupid! (So, if anything, it's the other way around.)
You're almost certainly male and you're talking complete rubbish.
Vicky

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans
I understand this to an extent... many miscarraiges are caused by neglect/irresponsibility.

Why should women be free to smoke, drink etc. etc. while pregnant, potentially causing death to the unborn or permenant brain damage etc. etc. (?).

What's worse, smoking in the car with your kids or smoking with a baby in your body?
edit on 22-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

Well we were all wondering what kind of idiot would vote for this moron...well we found one!!
Once again (referring to the smoker thread) You are kidding right??
edit on 22-2-2011 by Justagyrl because: I can't spell

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

As i see it, it is all about the women! Im about as far from any church as i can get in anyform and im a firm believer in science. So strickly speaking a fetus is a parasite intill it can survive outside the womb without constant attention. (stickly speaking id apply only to those with compleate unasistance but things like underdeveloped lungs or hearts that are vital but not a case for lack of existance)

I think we should preform more research into ways to determain this specific line of gestation. Before this it is just that. An "it".

What about tumors, thats liveing tissue with a survival based on a person. Or if thats too much of a threat to preexisting deffinition of life, what about parasitic twins? Should we not punish the existing twin for murder since that was a life and even if they would have died regardless since their host would have been lost.

And "All Men" arent the enemy. But the enemy is a man, his viewpoint would likely be radically altered if he were a she. And shes not a princess for asserting her right to her body. U have assert rights when they are challenged or the right will be taken.

And specifically for female drinking, drinking should be be socially restricted but not govermentally. Social setting should be the decideing factor because social norms vary and if there is no agreement no one is "right"
a govermental choice is forceing an agenda not based on rights or the people choice but on a single authoritys choice.

Mens drinking im sorry to say i feel is free game, drunk sperm dont win out. Sorry any ladies feeling neglected for men being able to drink but they cant, get over it. You got the factory that makes human beings! You are the essential ingredent in what the simplist aspect of continued existance of humans.

Life isnt fair, you didnt get to choose to have a baby factories but nether did the men that didnt get them

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All I can say is I am soooo glad I don't live in the US.

Here in AU, we try to keep our KooKs out of government...

Try..!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Considering the health insurance police, the food police, the sexuality police, the religion police, etc- it's getting kind of hard, sometimes, to get worked up over this anymore.
But besides the academics. This is an incredibly cruel proposal. To add implication, let alone accusation to the pain of a woman who has lost a child by miscarriage...there has to be a really special place in hell for anyone involved in doing that.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You will be charged as an accessory if you make the mistake of screwing the "wrong" woman.

Congratulations on finding a way to criminalize your favourite activity while being dumb enough to think you're stomping on women.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I know two women who have had misscarriages, one at 3 months and the other at about 4 months, both women were simply traumatised. I cannot imagine what extra pain it would add to be investigated shortly after. The bill is astoundingly stupid.

Originally posted by celimonster
reply to post by pikappa

How is that even logical?
Sorry, as far as I am concerned it's NOT against the law for a pregnant woman to drink or smoke.

You're out of your mind to even suggest that because you would like to control what pregnant women do.

Smoking and drinking during pregnancy often damage a child, therefore it could easily be argued that to do so is child abuse or even assault. Smoking and drinking during pregnancy should be illegal because too many women still do both. You might not like the idea but please see if you think the same way when you have seen what happens to children subjected to such treatment.
edit on 22-2-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join