It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping Clear Out The Prisons Of The U.S.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have had an idea for years that I have told several people about and it seems to be pretty well received so I figured I'd finally share it with ATS members, readers, etc....

I have heard for years that criminals have in essence given up certain rights by becoming fugitives and/or criminals....this being said I could be mistaken but if it could be deemed Constitutional I believe all violent and/or unrehabiltatable criminals should be inducted into a special Sub-Category of the military kept separate from society of course and then as we are pulling out our normal troop line dropping these fellas off in the middle of nowhere over in the countries we are currently entrenched in and they should in essence be told well "either fight or die" if you do everything you are told you can stay over here in the temporary bases that have been built and survive just fine, if you don't do everything you are told you will most likely be captured and killed as infidels, good luck..........I mean it worked for Australia, just drop the criminals off somewhere else and eventually they will be okay...not a totally foolproof plan and borderline cruel and unusual, however you would be essentially giving them a chance at a life outside of a concrete cell so which is more cruel and unusual? Living outside with a mission and orders, or sitting on your butt staring at a wall for the rest of your life taking up space and tax dollars?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think putting criminals into military service would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Or at least lawyers would paint it to be so. . .

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a good thought

i however think that giving dissidents weapons in foreign territory would be disastrous on many levels.

but i would agree that something does need to be done, like only housing violent criminals. (or my shocking plan

of "terminating" criminals, which would be a pretty big deterant to any future wrongdoing)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Like I said what is more cruel and unusual wasting away staring at four walls and dealing with violence, shanks, rape, beatings, and murder on the inside? Or being given basically a generic half of a chance at "A" type of freedom?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonSpirit2

That needs to be asked to the individual in question, as my opinion may differ from theirs.
But the poster after my first post raises an interesting point as well. Is arming our violent offenders really a great idea?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Well if they are in a foreign country they'd be a heck of a fighting force that's for sure LOL and if you were to para drop these guys in the middle of nowhere and then drop the supplies i.e. guns etc...after them then they couldn't shoot anyone until they got there....at that point they would be set on survival because they know they are in a foreign country......I mean hell Charles Manson would probably be the general if you dropped him with everybody he's crazy and methodical and he'd make short work of any enemy combatants......like I said it's not a fool proof plan but neither is terminating all of the criminals since a decent percentage of people convicted were convicted many years ago under biased jury's and/or circumstantial evidence without DNA evidence because it either didn't exist or wasn't readily available in the area of the conviction....therefore if you kill everyone without prejudice you'd being killing a fair amount of wrongfully convicted people I'd say.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Indiscriminate killing is certainly not the answer.
From information I have heard over the years the majority of incarcerated individuals are in for drug possession charges, or other non-violent offenses. At least here in California.
I hate to say it but let the pot smokers go, and make room for violent offenders.

Or just revert back to the model of Hammurabi's laws, which were more of deterrents than imprisonment.
Public castration for convicted sexual predators would make a fine deterrent. As did "an eye for an eye." However that could again be construed as cruel and unusual punishment.
edit on 21-2-2011 by randomtangentsrme because: changed the word "would" to "did"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Decriminalising drugs, prostitution and other victimless crimes will go a long way to reducing the prison population. There are some medical reports where cannabis is less harmful than a lot of the new antidepressants entering the market. The risk with opium are higher, with the heroin strain very dangerous due to its high addictive qualities. I do see these drugs issues are more suitable for the medical community rather than the politicians to decide. With a doctors approval and oversight it will limit the power of the black market and bring some informed analysis on a very complex situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How about legalize Drugs?

That would get rid of about half or more or the people in prison.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

To both of the last replies in short because around half of the drug offenders in prison are perhaps not convicted of them but are guilty of violent crimes because they are involved in a gang. So the cops pull an Al Capone and send them up for whatever they can get them on.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

A lot of these crimes drug users are locked up on is in relation to getting more drugs. With the black market taken out and a more reasonable pricing structure with cleaner quality drugs put in place it will reduce the prison population. To lump the drug issue with the violent gang issue is to over simplify the problems and miss out on the solutions.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The last thing the government and corperations want to do is clear out the prisions. Where would JC Penny and Toys R Us get slave workers for 17 cents an hour here in the good ole USA?

Its all a scam check out my thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonSpirit2
I believe all violent and/or unrehabiltatable criminals should be inducted into a special Sub-Category of the military kept separate from society of course and then as we are pulling out our normal troop line dropping these fellas off in the middle of nowhere over in the countries we are currently entrenched in and they should in essence be told well "either fight or die"

Oh, yeah - Give criminals military weapons, military training, actual combat experience, and a war zone to weed out the relatively incompetent... and next time anyone goes to these countries, they're up against the cast of "The Road Warrior."

Somehow, I'm getting this nagging feeling in the back of my skull that this might be one of those plans that tend to backfire.

new topics

top topics

join