It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire tea party tycoons financed Wisconsin's anti-union governor, records show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Agree with everything you said.

My former state, Indiana, has legislation being done to make it a "right to work state". They are trying to blow up the unions there as well.

www.fox59.com...

I keep saying it....once the unions are gone the middle class will be gone.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It just seems silly doesn't it?

Instead of trying to curb the wealth disparity in this country (which has exploded)....people are encouraging to make it worse?

The process will soon be complete.

The evidence is pretty overwhelming and I don't understand why people don't see it or choose to ignore it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Lucidity, I was listening to news today, and I think I heard Gov Walker refer to the Wisconsin teachers health insurance. It sounds like their HI is self-funded...and that's the problem for Walker and Koch and other "free marketeers"!! No insurance corporation gets to raid its funds!!

Apparently, doing away with collective bargaining would let insurance companies bid on teachers health insurance monies!! Another way to rob the middle class of any wealth built up!!

IOW without collective bargaining, insurance companies would dive right in to that pool of money, take what they want and return the rest as, no doubt , reduced health care benefits.

Hey, can't let American workers hold on to any good health benefits. Drive benefits down, too!! Lower wages are not enough, benefits must go, too! And let insurance companies get higher profits, more business. What a disgusting way to treat workers!

The more I hear about this Wisconsin War on Public Workers, the more I find it stinks. America should be ashamed it's happening!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Billionaire tea party tycoons financed Wisconsin's anti-union governor, records show

www.rawstory.com

Who were among the financiers behind Wisconsin's Republican Governor, now embroiled in a controversial attempt to destroy public sector unions?

None other than reviled tea party financiers Charles and David Koch, is who.

Turns out, the billionaire oil tycoons' political action committee gave Gov. Scott Walker (R) roughly $100,000 in campaign contributions during the 2010 election, according to campaign finance records highlighted by Mother Jones.

The contributions came from the same source -- Koch Industries PAC -- and though through two channels which were both legal under current
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
motherjones.com
images2.americanprogressaction.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Wisconsin protesters to face Tea Party counter protesters today

Unfortunately that's nothing compared to the bankrolling Soros is doing for the Democrat party. It's just that he's doing it thru third party apps like MoveOn etc

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It just seems silly doesn't it?

Instead of trying to curb the wealth disparity in this country (which has exploded)....people are encouraging to make it worse?

The process will soon be complete.

The evidence is pretty overwhelming and I don't understand why people don't see it or choose to ignore it.

You mean spreading the wealth? It's called Income Redistribution and is a favored tactic by Marxists to achieve "social justice".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Lucidity, I was listening to news today, and I think I heard Gov Walker refer to the Wisconsin teachers health insurance. It sounds like their HI is self-funded...and that's the problem for Walker and Koch and other "free marketeers"!! No insurance corporation gets to raid its funds!!

Apparently, doing away with collective bargaining would let insurance companies bid on teachers health insurance monies!! Another way to rob the middle class of any wealth built up!!

IOW without collective bargaining, insurance companies would dive right in to that pool of money, take what they want and return the rest as, no doubt , reduced health care benefits.

Hey, can't let American workers hold on to any good health benefits. Drive benefits down, too!! Lower wages are not enough, benefits must go, too! And let insurance companies get higher profits, more business. What a disgusting way to treat workers!

The more I hear about this Wisconsin War on Public Workers, the more I find it stinks. America should be ashamed it's happening!

NEA is for Obamacare. It's on their website Just in case you didn't understand the ramifications, that means they stand for the phasing out of private insurance.
edit on 25-2-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join