It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams VS Near Death Experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The subject of NDEs came back to my concern when looking at Clint Eastwood’s film “Hereafter”.
I had read a lot of books about this subject.
A few days ago, I had a curious and hilarious dream : I was attending a maths exam and one question I had to answer to stumbled me : I had no idea of what was asked to me.
Weirdly, I remembered the question on morning, and went on Google and typed the question.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that this was really a good question.
So … my brain (is it ?) asked to himself a question he had no idea of. LOL !
Quite a lot of human inventions (to invent : find something which didn’t exist before) were done when the inventor was sleeping and dreaming.

Scientific inventors are dreamers

Scientific inventors have always been dreamers; sometimes in a very literal sense.
Nikola Tesla, famous inventor of the polyphase dynamo and high-voltage transformer (Tesla coil), for example, was prone to perceiving his inventions in a dream-like mental vision. Tesla reported that he “saw” his inventions as if they were real on the screen of his mind’s eye while in an altered awareness state. He claimed that the power of his imagery was such that he could do “experiments in his mind.” He wrote:
"It is absolutely immaterial to me whether I run my turbine in thought or test it in my shop. I even note if it is out of balance. There is no difference whatever, the results are the same. In this way I am able to rapidly develop and perfect a conception without touching anything. When I have gone so far as to embody in the invention every possible improvement I can think of and see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete form this final product of my brain. Invariably the device works as I conceive it should and the experiment comes out exactly as I had planned it. In twenty years there has not been a single exception."

My personal bet is that there is a something in common between dreams and what is experienced during near death experiences.

Far from being illusions, these experiences open our consciousness to unknown or uncommon dimensions of our nature. Death could be like sleeping and dreaming without awaking.

A recent topic on ATS was about the “paranormal sex”.
More widely, the question was :” is it possible that two persons or more, have the same dream together” ?
Is it possible that another reality could be reached at the same “moment”, while dreaming, by different persons, one seeing the other, and interfering with the other ?"

If yes, the NDEs during which a person sees died persons (persons “dreaming without awaking”) and other entities, could be looked at in a different way.

What’s your thinking ?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i do think people can have the same dream. Myself included with an old friend of mine who both told of a dream to the same person the next day. Weirdly as it was, we both ended up explaining what happend to the same person at different times over coffee.

The mind is capable of many things beyond of what we realize.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My thinking is to suggest that NDEs and things like deja vu are due to bio-chemical processes in the body.

I sometimes wonder how probable is that I am actually re-living a past event as opposed to some memory neuro-transmitter just getting tickled by a passing molecule.

Imagine the cocktail the stress of near death can serve up.
Right from the source.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So, what was the question from your dream?

Have I missed it?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Yes.
Second line

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orkson

Weirdly, I remembered the question on morning, and went on Google and typed the question.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that this was really a good question.
So … my brain (is it ?) asked to himself a question he had no idea of. LOL !

No, you didn't. Point it out to me.

What's the question that you googled? Would make a big difference to my interest in this thread...otherwise it's pretty meaningless.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I will tell you from several first hand experiences what a nde is.

Let's say you heart stop's all the sudden....while your happy. = what you call heaven.
But on the other side..if you die fast and you mad or angry = hell
Regret = hell but more of a void a whirlpool of help and im sorry. that you can not escape.

it's tied to you last emotion.
And trust me when ya time come's it's hard not to be scared..cause scared = a not so good place too. not hell not heaven but imagine being scared for forever.

Well that is from my first hand..i have major heart issue and have been clinically dead several time's.
OH BTW
if you die in your sleep...You don't know you die lol...Have you ever been asleep with no dream's..that's death in ya sleep.
Of course then the doctor bring you back and you go oh lol
Got to love modern science it allows me to be able to tell you exactly what happens..yet none ever believe me lol
I personally think it's tied to you brain and emotion's cause emotions produce crap..like adrenaline..when your mad..other crap when your in love..or happy..or sad..
and that is what trigger's your nde..
is it spiritual..?
i got no idea..but it sure is trippy when it happens.

edit on 21-2-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Sorry, stellify ...
I missed which question you were asking for.

Well, to day, the only thing I can for sure remember, is that this question included the term "INSECTION"
(One word).
If you Google the exact expression "INSECTION", you will have about 148000 answers ...
I didn't know this expression before I dreamt it.
I was dreaming that I didn't understand at all what was asked to me.
Now, what is the relation between a maths exam and this expression ??? ...

Bizarre how a dream can give you a word you don't know, a real word.
Finding what message was sent to your consciousness through this word is a great sport !

top topics

join