It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Texas Have too Many Crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Does Texas Have too Many Crimes?

www.1035superx.com

“There are thousands of amazing things you can be sent to prison for today by both state and federal courts,” said State Rep. Jerry Madden (R-Plano). “You can go to jail for importing orchids without the proper paperwork, shipping lobster tails in the wrong packaging, and even for failing to return a library book.”

What’s called the ‘Right on Crime’ initiative has received some significant conservative backing, including the support of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Reagan Attorney General Ed Meese, and Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh, this extends far, FAR further than the state of Texas people, although Texas is surely a shining example of this idiocy, and downright CONSPIRACY taking place, right under the noses of a mostly unaware populace, who is absolutely being VICTIMIZED by this barbaric nonsense!

The PRISON-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX is one of the gravest issues facing americans today, and yet so few seem to even be aware of exactly what is happening here.

This is a giant money-making SCAM, a COHESION between CORPORATIONS involved in the prison industry, and "law-makers" at the highest levels of gov, who work in tandem with each other to virtually outlaw EVERYTHING, so that people are imprisoned for every concievable tiny "offense" which they determine is illegal, then they PROFIT off of said incarcerations through tax-payer monies.

This has escalated EXPONENTIALLY in recent times, and I have a feeling will continue to sky-rocket until the masses become fully aware of what is being done to them and become proactive and say 'no more'.

We have the highest incarceration rates per population on the PLANET folks---This is NOT because we have the "naughtiest" society---It's because we have the highest amount of ridiculous, mickey-mouse, BS "laws", where EVERYTHING is made into a crime, so that folks tied into a particular industry can PROFITEER off of society's IMPRISONMENT.

Disgusting to the Nth degree. People need to become aware and speak out against this. I sure have been. I'm sick of this insatiable and DANGEROUS greed by folks at the highest levels, which is turning this place into a giant PRISON CAMP.

Land of the FREE eh?

www.1035superx.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

right under the noses of a mostly unaware populace, who is absolutely being VICTIMIZED by this barbaric nonsense!

The best place to hide something is in plain sight. I cant remember who said this first, but ooooohhh soooooo, true! Maybe thats the impotus for being so blatant in aboloshing our "human rights".

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.

The best place to hide something is in plain sight. I cant remember who said this first, but ooooohhh soooooo, true! Maybe thats the impotus for being so blatant in aboloshing our "human rights".

Indeed...Another infamous quote keeps coming to mind in all of the increasing infringements upon people's lives, and watching virtually everything down to breathing becoming a violation or crime of some sort:

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."--Goethe

When we as a society, don't even have a right to legally choose what we can and can not put in our own bodies, how "free" are we REALLY, as a society? Think about that for a moment. You and I, according to Big Brother, do not have any rights over our OWN BODIES. >They< do. And >they< can, and quite often DO imprison us for such infractions >they< deem illegal. Some may argue that "voters" ultimately decide this, but I am quite unconvinced they are the ultimate deciding factor, based on much of what I have seen.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Some may argue that "voters" ultimately decide this, but I am quite unconvinced they are the ultimate deciding factor, based on much of what I have seen.
I say in the grand scheme of things, voting is a complete and utter waste of time, On a national level, the electoral collegiates can actually misrepresent their constituents, and they( the constituents) would never know. On the local level, whoever has more "financial" backing, almost always wins the race. There is so much money in the republican party, that I genuinly believe that they pay fellow republicans to pose as democrats long enough to win the election, then tote the party line by voting the republican agenda. Even though that might not happen 100% of the time, I think its possible, and likely that it does occurr. I am very disapointed in the current state of affairs, and just because we are virtually "powerless" at this time to cause change...doesnt mean that we are not "seeking" change.

top topics

join