It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man finds Meteorite from Mars, Proof of Life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
www.marslife.com...

That guy here goes through a whole bunch of stuff, trying to prove his meteorite (which is damn huge) is a rock from Mars.

Well I was going to be more in depth, but it proved to be more work than I wanted to put into it, and my IE crapped out erasing my better thread, so I figured I'll just do this.

www.marslife.com...

Chemical composition of his rock.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Comparison of Martian compositions with Earth compositions.

Analysis? Man's "meteorite" is too high in silicon, too high in potassium, too high in calcium, too high in sodium and certainly too high in alluminium.

Alluminium is a good indicator, where Earth has an abundance of about 15%, Mars has an abundance of around 11%. This man's "rock" is about 16% Alluminium.

Another evidence this rock is from Earth, is his amount of potassium, way too much for Mars. And that site states that the amount of potassium they are estimating for Mars is probably too high, so there's even a greater disparity there.

And in volcanic rocks (which he claims this is) there's no mistaking it when Potassium is present, it has to have been from the Earth.

I really see no other reason to bother, the comparisons show the truth. He has a chunk of intermediate extrusive rock. Vesicular Andesite would be my guess

There sure are a bunch of crazies out there!

I laughed when he claimed that the "90%" silicon encasement in the form of sand, around the meteorite protected it upon reentry.

Pure Silicon in the form of nature, would be quartz (which is what he claims it is..."sand") and that melts completely at 900 degrees fahrenheit.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol. you just wanna pick up his rock and hit him over the back of the head with it

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Asclepius,
LOL

Weren't we talking about this
over Here

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
74 CONFIRMED Mars' meteorites (found on Earth), and you want to argue?
You're a JOKE...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ixataar: 74 Mars meteorites confirmed by whom? A link would be peachy keen. Thanks.

top topics

join