It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever used an Inversion table? Pain relief / well being.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So... the spectre of lower back pain has decided to pay me a visit, which I hope is going to last only a short time.

Has anyone any experience of Inversion tables for pain relief or even general health effects, I cannot see much on google, about the historic use of these, and I would prefer ATSers views, to so called 'testimonials' on sales sites.

So my fellow ATSers, has anyone done the hanging like a bat thang?

Is it any good?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I don't know, but acupuncture actually helped my lower back pains a lot. If you don't get any results on this table you speak of, I suggest looking into the way the Chinese have been doing it for hundreds of years.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

i know its off topic, but i love your avatar, it is great (my avatar is same style) - is there a name for these pictures that look like faces, but are really pictures of something else?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I don't know, but acupuncture actually helped my lower back pains a lot. If you don't get any results on this table you speak of, I suggest looking into the way the Chinese have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Millenia, not hundreds of years...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just correcting though, don't get me wrong, age old technique does not mean proven, astrology, homeopathy and trepanation are age old techniques that suck, just to give an example
edit on 15-2-2011 by oniris because: Poorly written

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
So... the spectre of lower back pain has decided to pay me a visit, which I hope is going to last only a short time.

Has anyone any experience of Inversion tables for pain relief or even general health effects, I cannot see much on google, about the historic use of these, and I would prefer ATSers views, to so called 'testimonials' on sales sites.

Is it any good?

I have an inversion table and love it. My problem is with my neck area, so I only hang at about 60 degrees. Which, trust me, does the job just fine. My husband has lower back problems and goes full inversion. He calms it has helped him from having trouble days.

Hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix

Is it any good?

My brother bought himself a slant board and used it when ever he could for a few weeks to help him with a bad back. And yes he says it did help.

Failing buying a slant board you could lie on an old door or ironing board proped at an angle.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

how long do you stay inverted for?

also, do you hang a bit, and then swing back up for a bit to stop blood pooling in the head.

i have been given an inversion table today, and i am unsure as to how long to do it for. any ideas?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I use mine in about ten-fifteen minute "sets" if exercising and somewhat less if hanging fully inverted.
By exercising, I mean finding the balance point of the table and using core muscles to maintain position.
Or you could do hanging situps if your up to doing ab crunches (not recommended) or even core twisting type movements - whatever you do start out s-l-o-w get used to slant before trying full inversion, build up your time upside down - you shouldn't have trouble with blood rushing to your head unless you have other health problems, it just takes a period of "acclimatization".

BTW my entire lumbar is fused and I have a 6 screw 3 vertebrae titanium plate in my neck - I think the inversion table is completely safe for patients with spinal alignment and compression issues, just don't overdo any inverted movements.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Love It! I have an inversion table in my living room. Atleast 4 times a week Im on it. I have degenerative bone arthritis. Essentially, IT HURTS ALL THE TIME. But spending time on the table eases the pain, and takes pressure off of my spine.

IT also works for straightening the spine and neck bones of someone who has problem discs etc.

I TESTIFY ITS GREAT, AND IT WORKS

top topics

join