It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Members of Kentucky Meet Up!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've seen this happen on ATS in the past, and it looked like a great time. So I figured, hey, I'll keep on the lookout for people in my general area.
Over the course of the last few months, it occurred to me through various threads that ATS is home to many people who reside in Kentucky. ATS user gemineye and I started talking and thought that it would be cool to see if anyone would be down for it.
I U2U'd a few members, got some that were interested, and some that thought I was CIA (LOL!), and received a few affirmatives. I am quite sure that I couldn't have gotten a hold of everyone so I am cordially inviting anyone who thinks they might be able to make it to Lexington to have a get-together.
This thread could / should also be used as a planning medium, seeing as how the only thing set is the location.

Of course, the final details will be sent to those who want to attend via U2U in order to keep the alphabet agencies (and party pooping mods) away! So let me know what you think.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sounds like an attempt worthy of under taking... I'm from Kentucky... but sadly i'm too... broke...too poor... or just too paranoid to even make an attempt to meet up with anyone from here
But keep up the good fight!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am curious though as to what our ATS admins have to input on this.

Can it be a sanctioned event? Maybe get some swag merchandise to support our efforts?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

As you know, I'm all for it!!!

I think it would be great to get together with a bunch of like-minded people. I don't get to have too many discussions on ATS topics in real life, so I think it would be lots of fun.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Count me in as well :-)

Spring is right around the corner. We could have a get together at one of the parks in Lex or Lou. Do an all day thing with a pot luck or something

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I don't cook... but food sounds good... maybe a restaurant or cafe with meeting rooms.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm not to familiar with the parks in lex, but here in Lou we have three major parks. The best is Cherokee park in the highlands. Located within walking distance of some of the best coffee houses and small local restaurants you will ever find :-D where ever this is held at, I'll be there!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hey fellow Kentuckians,

This sounds like a really cool idea. I can't commit to go, but I'm interested. Please keep posting updates on this thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, looks like I now have an excuse to brew another batch of good beer. I'll bring some to the meet up but only for the over 21 among us
It takes about 8 weeks for it to be ready so if any of you have a suggestion or preference, let me know. This weekend I will go on and make the German wieteber with peach and rasberry extracts but I can always brew different ones as well. And just for the record, I brew beer to enjoy, not to get trashed on

I was talking to the wife last night about this and she's cool with the idea of me bringing a load of food if we do decide to go this route. Anyway, time to be productive instead of messing around since Im at work.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lots of great ideas guys! Keep them coming! As of right now, with the input on this thread and U2U's I've recived, we've got nine people that are interested in attending.

reply to post by EvolEric

EvolEric, I can see where you are coming from, but I'll still send you the finalized plan just in case!

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
I am curious though as to what our ATS admins have to input on this.

Can it be a sanctioned event? Maybe get some swag merchandise to support our efforts?

GREAT IDEA!! I'm sure that someone in power has seen this thread, any comments?

A potluck would be cool. My wife is in culinary school, so I should be able to bring some good stuff!

reply to post by pianopraze

If we do decide to do a potluck type thing, I agree somwhere indoors with meeting rooms would be a good idea.

Beer, especially what you described, would be AWESOME! Eight weeks you say? Well, I guess there is our timeline?

That would make it somewhere between March 15th through 17th. Does that work for anyone?

If so, I suppose those of us in the Fayette county area can start looking at venues.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm in lets do it .Grill some food,some beer and whatever.
I just won't tell my wife cause she will call up those guys in white jackets
to come round us up.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm giddy like a kid in a candy store!!!

I *might* be able to talk my sis into showing up as well. She doesn't post on here, but she's a long time lurker. I think just about any time in March should be good for me. The weekends in April start to get a little hectic, but March works.

And home brew! Wheeee! Maybe I'll finally be convinced to like beer, hahaha!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

That sounds like soooo much fun...BUT, I have to pass. I will be graduating from college in May and things are really amping up right now. There is no rest for the weary in a health science program. You guys have a great time and drink 1 or 5 for me

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hello everyone I'm over in the hills of eastern KY . A get together sounds like a great ideal although circumstances wouldn't permit me to attend anytime in the near future . I do enjoy seeing & hearing from fellow ATS members from our beautiful state non the less though . Everyone keep up the good work & maybe there can be more of these type of meets . Enjoy & best of luck to everyone .
John

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I've been getting a few U2U's asking if anything was going to come out of this. For those who wanna do this thing, how does March 18th or 19th sound? Sound off below. And if I'm not mistaken DerbyCityLights will have his um...beverages ready by then.

Lets do this!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah, about that brew...I had a bad packet of yeast that didnt ferment so I had to start over. I did finished the first stage of 5 gallons of a rasberry Pilsner and 5 gallons of a lemon orange weitber though. I have one week left in the second stage fermentation, then two weeks in bottles. If we do this around the 18th, the beer wont be done, but that doesnt mean I cant swing by Liquor Outlet and pick up a couple of growlers of a good Micro Brew

So when ever we want to do this is fine. I will still supply the lucious beverage for the get together.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

sounds good.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Either day, but Sat would be better. Has a venue been decided?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Sorry for the late reply, I got caught up in a lot of stuff over the weekend.
As to the venue, I feel that it would be too late to reserve anything at this point. Perhaps just meet at a bar something lol??

Or does anyone else have any other ideas?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How about Saturday at Two Keys? (not sure if its Two Keys of Tokies. Ive only been there once.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join