It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about deceased loved ones....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Helloooo, just wanted to talk about some dreams I've been having. Does anyone have any ideas/experience about dreaming of deceased loved ones?

My great grandad died when I was 13. I was very fond of him and although it's obviously not right to have "favourites", he made it very clear that I was his favourite great grandchild...

I've had some very vivid dreams, (some of which have been lucid), which involve him. A very big part of me believes that these dreams are his way of saying "hi", or his way of trying to get some kind of message across to me.

I'll talk about the 2 that were most significant to me.

The first one was one of the most realistic, vivid dreams I've ever had. I was walking arm in arm with a man. I have no idea who the man was, he didn't seem to have any "identity", but I had an overwhelming feeling of love for him, the likes of which I haven't and probably couldn't experience in waking life.

I pointed towards some gates and asked him if he wanted to go and take a walk in the park, because I'd heard that there was a beautiful duck pond there
He said yes and we walked through the gates into this park. Everything was so unbelievably beautiful and I had a feeling of complete peace, euphoria and ecstacy - again, I have only ever experienced this feeling in dreams and never in waking life.

We carried on walking down a pathway and then out of nowhere, appeared my great grandad. He was dressed just as I remember him and he had his sunday newspapers under his arm, just like he used to have. The guy I was with walked up to him and they shook each other's hands - it felt as though it was my great grandad's way of "approving" of him.

The three of us then walked along together for a while. I asked my great grandad if he could sing me the funny songs he used to sing to me as a kid .We weren't talking with our mouths, we were talking with thoughts and he laughed and told me that unfortunately he "wasn't allowed to". I remember feeling desperate to think of things to ask him because I knew this was a dream and I was very lucky to be seeing him and he'd be gone when the dream ended and I woke up.

Then he started walking in front of us and gradually strolled off into the distance, where I could see a long tunnel - looked kind of like one of those huge long ones you get when you're driving on the motorway. He walked down the tunnel and then he was gone and I woke up.

The second one wasn't so nice. I was on a beach with family. The tide went all the way out, as far as the eye could see. We walked quite a fair distance out, where the sea would have been - and found my great grandad sat at a table. I remember thinking "awww, I get to see my great grandad again!
I need to give him a big hug before I wake up and he's gone!" and I bent down and tried to give him a hug, but he quite violently shoved me off and had a very stern expression on his face.

He told me that I needed to grab my son and just run, as fast as I possibly could. So I grabbed him and ran, leaving the rest of my family behind - I ran so fast, it was like I had rocket boots on! Then I woke up. I seemed to be aware that I was running away from a tsunami.

Anyway, I had another dream last night, which is what has prompted me to write this thread. It's freaked me out a bit because it was so, so real. My dreams have become really, really vivid lately and I've been lucid dreaming more than ever.

It's only a short one this time

I was stood in a car park and I turned round and my great grandad just sort of appeared out of nowhere. He said to me, "I just want you to know, I'm watching over you more than ever right now", and then he gave me a massive hug - I could actually feel it!

The vividness of the dream really creeped me out and I got out of bed and sort of paced around for a while, trying to settle myself down so I could get back to sleep.

When I gave birth to my son, it sounds totally nuts but I felt like he was there. I went into a weird trance type thing and my mind sort of detached itself from my body while my body took over and did what it needed to do. It kind of felt like his presence was there, keeping me in this weird trance like state to help me cope.

I'm probably just a nutcase with a mental disorder
But has anyone else had a similar experience?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
dreammoods.com...

Don't know if I believe in this stuff but I still check my dreams here now and again.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Some dreams can be a message from a loved one, some are mixed memories. From what I know.

My mother had some dreams about her father. One time she wasn't comfortable of driving and one night she had a dream of my grandfather holding some keys and telling her to "Drive, just do it, it's easy". The next day she had to drive and did it.

When you have a dream of something similar in a consecutive way then it might be a message from what I know.

Doesn't it make you happy that you can to see him again.

edit on 15-2-2011 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Though I am not spiritual..I do believe that loved ones who pass on have come to visit me in my dreams.. Having said that, I DO not believe that it is there spirits or such..I believe it is our subconscious way of dealing with loss..Creating new memories if you will.
S&F for sharing your experiences, As they were very interesting to read.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You shouldn't think you're nuts, cause you had some very interesting dream experiences with your grandfather. I've had several very real and powerful dreams, where I 've had contact with my wife, who passed on 1-11-2010. She died of cancer ,age 48, in a hospice situation in our home. I've sought contact with her ever since....mostly in the dream state.
The last and most vivid dream was a "flying dream", which I've had throughout my life. When I'm flying it's not with a flapping of wings or arms, it's more like how a fish swims thru water. I've seemed to learn or sense that the will to accomplish this emanates from your solar plexus. On with the dream....we were flying, more of I was flying and she was riding on my back....we were soaring and gliding thru beautiful , hilly country. I remember feeling elated to be with her and enjoying the beautiful scenery. As we flew she was worried that we'd fall or lose control and be injured ? I was trying to convince her that everything was okay ...just trust me. We flew along and I remember flying to a tree on top of a steep hill , where I grabbed on to a large vine. I felt like were falling, but I had a firm grip on the vine and wasn't worried...til the sudden jolt , I was dangling at the end of the vine, but Mary had lost her grip and was falling rapidly towards the valley floor. I let go of the vine and tried to catch up to her, yelling to her to fly, encouraging her that she can do it!! She was mad and saying," see you didn't know what you were doing ! " All the way down my gut instinct knew that she wouldn't be hurt , because we were in the spirit not in physical bodies. Anyway, as she approached the valley floor her descent slowed and she landed in soft high grass and we were both laughing.It was one of my best dreams ever !

edit on 15-2-2011 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes. There is an old saying: "Dream of the dead. Hear from the living." Meaning that... wait and see if you dont soon hear from somebody you havent heard from in a long while.

new topics

top topics

join