It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have started a research thread here.

Feel free to pop in and take a look.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have never come across anything stating it was granite....only limestone. Interesting, now I'll have to see what I can find on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I did a earlier post on the Great Pyramids, there was great controversy over it and eventualy it was locked. I will share with you my veiw of what happened and the facts I presented. Firstly, the base for my conclusion is the Bible. I am thoroughly convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that this is what happened. There are some solid facts outside of the bible that confirm my belief. The two undeniable facts being this: (1) Inside the Kings chamber of the Great Pyramid there is a COFFER, no one has a plausible explanation of its purpose, but I will give you one. The size of the coffer is 2 1/2 cubits by 1 1/2 cubit. The size of this coffer is the exact same size as that of The Ark Of The Covenant we read about in the bible which was 2 1/2 cubits by 1 1/2 cubit.( 51 inchs by 31 inches)

(2) the width of the Kings chamber is 20 cubits (34 ft.) according to the bible King Solomon made a pair of Golden Cherubims whose wingspan touched from one wall to the other wall within the inner house(room) within the Great and Wonderful House he built unto the Lord. The wingspan of the Golden Cherubim was 20 cubits (34 ft.)
We see here that King Solomon built a pair of Cherubim(34 ft. wide) that sat on top of the ark of the covenant( the coffer 2 1/2 cubits by 1 1/2 cubit) and they were placed in a room of the Great and Wonderful House he built for the Lord which was 34 ft. wide. In all my research concerning the Great Pyramid there is one fact everyone agrees with and that is that the coffer was placed in the Great Pyramid while it was being built and this is why it was never removed. For one it was made of granite and the only way to get it out would be to break it up into peices and then it would be worth little, so it was left inside.
I believe it was Gods proof that what we call the Great Pyramid was actually the Great and Wonderful House that King Solomon built unto the Lord. These two facts alone are overwhelming, what are the chances of this being a coincidence ? King Solomon was the wisest man that ever lived, so I would think that if any man was capable of building such a structure it would be him through Devine Revelation from God.
The Great and Wonderful House that King Solomon built was built from stone blocks(same as the Great Pyramid) It took 150,000 workers 20 years to build. It would have stood in the same area where the Great Pyramid now stands. It was a "WONDER" just like the Great Pyramid and it was LIKE the earth, in the sense that it was a image of the earth in a stone form. The Pyramid contains all the measurements of the earth, it sits dead center of the land mass of the earth, gives the equinox's and other info of the earth and uses "PI" which we use today in complex matimatical equations. The only one that could have had all this info was God, and he shared it with King Solomon as he Built the Great and Wonderful House.
Further, there is no information anywhere that indicates that anyone was ever buried in the Great Pyramid, so what was it's purpose ? It was God's House were Isreal gathered to worship him and was the crowning glory of a early people that were of one mind and determined to build a temple to Honor and Worship God.
As far as the Sphinx is concerned, there were 26 and what they truly are is what the bible calls CHERUBIMS. Doesn't seem a bit odd that there is only one Sphinx ? it would seem that it would be at least 2, but in actuality it was 26. The Sphinx is not egyptian for all the egyptian headress contained a snake or cobra which is not found on the Sphinx. You can find to this day other temples that were made and in front of some of them you will see multiple Sphinx's in front of the temple, a copy of what once stood in front of the Great Pyramid.
I did not touch upon the hundreds of thousands of tons of Gold, Silver, Brass and Iron that were used by King Solomon in the building of the Great and Wonderful House Of God. The only problem you can find with this theory is that King Solomon built the Great and Wonderful House in Jerusalem and that the Great Pyramid sits in Egypt. All you have to do is move the current borders of Egypt and Jerusalem and it fits better than O'Jays glove.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Perhaps they are the surface structures overlying subsurface mines, and which aided in digging and hauling up minerals and spoils. After all, aren't their insides constructed of stone rubble? Perhaps once the mining played out, they were simply reused as tombs after being spruced up a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I wish you had given page and verse, but I am very confident that I've found it. You mentioned the cherubim, and I found them in 1 Kings 6:24 "One wing of the cherub was 5 cubits, and the other wing of the cherub was 5 cubits; ten cubits from the tip of one wing to the other". Verse 27 adds "Then he set the cherubim inside the inner room and they stretched out the wings of the cherubim so that the wing of the one touched one wall and their wings touched each other in the middle."

Here are the problems.
1. 1 Kings Chapter 6 is describing the temple. (verse 9, 12, 15, 16)
2. The building described is 60 cubits long by 20 cubits wide and 30 cubits high- not a pyramid (verse 2).
3. In front was a vestibule spanning the width of the building and projecting outward 10 cubits. (10 cubits by 20 cubits.) (verse 3.)
4. The building had windows. (verse 4)
5. The temple was finished in cedar wood. (verse 9)
6. The temple is full of carvings of cherubim, palm trees, and flowers (verse 29)

That temple only took 7 years, and after it Solomon built his own house and the house of the forest of lebanon, which took 13 years. I assume that you draw 20 by taking these accounts together. Am I correct?

I DO find it interesting that Solomon had married the pharoh's daughter, and that he had built a hall for her in that home. I wonder if perhaps the similar dimensions of the Holy of Holies and the Kings Chamber may be the result of some relation between the projects. Your post got me thinking and was a great deal of fun just to consider, but in the end I see more difference than similarity between the Pyramid and the Temple.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is not my post and I did not want to fill someone else's post with scriptures when it is not a topic on religion. I will give some scriptures and would like to add that King Solomon Built more than one temple, The Great Pyramid was refered to as the Great and Wonderful House.

The Three Pyramids Of Giza : I Kings 9:10 � And it came to pass at the end of TWENTY YEARS, when Solomon had built the two "HOUSES", the "HOUSE" of the LORD, and the "KING'S HOUSE", 8 And his house where he dwelt had another court within the porch, which was of the like work. Solomon made also an "HOUSE" for Pharaoh�s daughter, whom he had taken to wife, like unto this porch.
9 All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
10 And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits ( 17 1/2 ft.), and stones of eight cubits( 13 ft.)
11 And above were costly stones, after the measures of hewed stones, and cedars.
12 And the great court round about was with three rows of hewed stones, and a row of cedar beams, both for the inner court of the house of the LORD, and for the porch of the house.

Here WE Have The Three Pyramids Of Giza, The Lord's House, King Solomon's House, And The House For Pharaoh's Daughter It clearly shows here that these Houses were made of "STONE" blocks, some as large as 17 1/2 feet, the same type of Stones used in Building The Great Pyramid.

The GREAT THRONE And The 26 LIONS That Were Standing In Front Of GOD'S HOUSE: Kings 10:18 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.
19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays on either side on the place of the seat, and two lions (Sphinx) stood beside the stays.
20 And twelve lions(Sphinx) stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps: ( 2 + 12 + 12 = 26 LIONS) there was not the like made in any kingdom.
There was nothing like this Great Throne and 26 LIONS in "ANY" Kingdom. ANY Kingdom includes Egypt. A FACT To this day there is no structure anywhere in the world Greater than the Sphinx. The Sphinx Is Not Egyptian The Pharaoh's Headress usaully had a snake or serpent on it and there is no snake or serpent on the headress of the Sphinx. The Snake was a symbol of the Egyptian god .
The Great And Wonderful House Was Not Destroyed, But Remains DESOLATE To This Day It was still standing and DESOLATE in Daniels Time, for Daniel prayed for it's restoration : Dan 9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers ( Solomons Son's That Forsook The Lord), Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon "THY SANCTUARY THAT IS DESOLATE", for the Lord�s sake.

Some Of The Materials Used In Building The Great And Wonderful House 7 And gave for the service of the house of God of gold five thousand talents (500 Tons)and ten thousand drams, and of silver ten thousand talents (500 Tons), and of brass eighteen thousand talents (900 Tons), and one hundred thousand talents of iron.(5000 Tons)
8 And they with whom precious stones were found gave them to the treasure of the house of the LORD, by the hand of Jehiel the Gershonite.
I Kings 7:45 And the pots, and the shovels, and the basons: and all these vessels, which Hiram made to king Solomon for the house of the LORD, were of bright brass. [bright: Heb. made bright or, scoured]
46 In the plain of Jordan did the king cast them, in the clay ground between Succoth and Zarthan. 47 And Solomon left all the vessels unweighed, because they were exceeding many: neither was the weight of the brass found out. King Hiram made so many vessels for the house of the Lord that they filled the Plain of Jordan.

The Location Of The Lords House: Isa 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20 And it shall be for a SIGN and for a WITNESS unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt ( does not the Pyramid sit in Egypt ? ): for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour ( JESUS ), and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them. II Chron 6:1 � Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling "FOR EVER".
3 And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood. THIS HOUSE WOULD STAND FOREVER, WHERE IS IT ? 16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, " That My Name May Be There FOR EVER": and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

A Discription Of God's House 5 And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods.
6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him? Even to prepare me timber in abundance: for the house which I am about to build shall be wonderful great. [wonderful�: Heb. great and wonderful] This House Would Be A "WONDER" The Great Pyramid Is One Of The Seven Wonders Of The World. Psalms 78:69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, " Like The Earth " which he hath established for ever. All the measurements of the "EARTH" are encoded in the Great Pyramid, hence, " LIKE THE EARTH"

The Work Force Used To Build God's House: IIChron 2:1 � And Solomon determined to build an house for the name of the LORD, and an house for his kingdom.
2 And Solomon told out threescore and ten thousand men to bear burdens ( 70,000 men ), and fourscore thousand ( 80,000 men ) to hew in the mountain, and three thousand and six hundred to oversee them.
That equals 153,600 men were used to build God's House and the other two Houses. There is much more I could post, but this post is already long enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think the Great Pyramid complex are the original, prototype structures built before all the others. The stepped and crooked pyramids are in fact failed attempts by later civilizations inspired by the Great Pyramids to reconstruct similar monuments, only to serve, for them, as pharonic burial chambers.

I'm further of the opinion the Sphinx has no association to the original design and purpose of the Great Pyramids and was just another add on feature by someone else. The same may hold true for the temples and halls which are usually attributed to function as a religious-spiritual part of the Great Pyramid complex but in fact was either modified to serve that purpose or was added on later by others to function that way for them.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The pyramids being built with 2+ton blocks, and dragged hundreds of miles from the rock source. If i recall correctly the area of the time (because of the nile) there were more forests, so a series of logs could help with the dragging of the blocks, not sure how long the logs would last if at all from the weight. I have always beleived the blocks to be poured in, a form of cement.

But how ever they were built, it is a piece of amazing architecture. I recall a japense team in the 1970's attempting to create a scaled down model of the great pyramid using ancient methods. They failed that way and resulted to using current building methods, with cranes and trucks. The finished pyramid was a mess, not as perfect as the great pyramid.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
The Three Pyramids Of Giza : I Kings 9:10 � And it came to pass at the end of TWENTY YEARS, when Solomon had built the two "HOUSES", the "HOUSE" of the LORD, and the "KING'S HOUSE",

I'm assuming it's an innocent mistake, but at this point you switched chapters without mentioning it. We are now in Chapter 7, starting with verse 8. I referred to this chapter immediately after my naming of the discrepencies.

8 And his house where he dwelt had another court within the porch, which was of the like work. Solomon made also an "HOUSE" for Pharaoh�s daughter, whom he had taken to wife, like unto this porch.
9 All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
10 And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits ( 17 1/2 ft.), and stones of eight cubits( 13 ft.)
11 And above were costly stones, after the measures of hewed stones, and cedars.
12 And the great court round about was with three rows of hewed stones, and a row of cedar beams, both for the inner court of the house of the LORD, and for the porch of the house.

Here you've chosen to start at verse 8 and ignored the preceeding 7 verses regarding this house. Let me fill in the blank.
1. But Solomon took thirteen years to build his own house, so he finished all his house.
2. He also built the House of the Forest of Lebanon; its length was 100 cubits its width was 50 cubits, and its height was 30 cubits with four rows of cedar pillars and cedar beams on the pillars.
3. And it was paneled with cedar above the beams that were on 45 pillars, 15 to a row.
4. There were windows with beveled frames in three rows and window was opposite window in three tiers.
5. And all the doorways and doorposts had rectangular frames and window was opposite window in three tiers.
6. He also made the Hall of Pillars: its length was 50 cubits and its width was 30 cubits and in front of them was a portico with pillars and a canopy was in front of them.
7. Then he made a hall for the throne, the hall of judgement where he might judge; and it was paneled with cedar from floor to ceiling.

Here WE Have The Three Pyramids Of Giza, The Lord's House, King Solomon's House, And The House For Pharaoh's Daughter It clearly shows here that these Houses were made of "STONE" blocks, some as large as 17 1/2 feet, the same type of Stones used in Building The Great Pyramid.

But it's 100x50x30 and has windows, door frames, and cedar panneling.

The GREAT THRONE And The 26 LIONS That Were Standing In Front Of GOD'S HOUSE: Kings 10:18 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.
19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays on either side on the place of the seat, and two lions (Sphinx) stood beside the stays.
20 And twelve lions(Sphinx) stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps: ( 2 + 12 + 12 = 26 LIONS) there was not the like made in any kingdom.

Fuzzy math aided by an unclear translation. My NKJV Ryrie Study Bible says "twelve lions stood there, one by each side of the six steps." Besides, there are INSIDE the house, by the throne.

There was nothing like this Great Throne and 26 LIONS in "ANY" Kingdom. ANY Kingdom includes Egypt. A FACT To this day there is no structure anywhere in the world Greater than the Sphinx. The Sphinx Is Not Egyptian The Pharaoh's Headress usaully had a snake or serpent on it and there is no snake or serpent on the headress of the Sphinx. The Snake was a symbol of the Egyptian god .

First of all, sphinx are found in egypt as well, and in many other parts of Egypt. They are not unique.
I will now turn your attention to the fact that pretty much every projecting feature of the sphinx has been destroyed (beard, nose, snake). There is a ridge on the forehead though which may have once been your little snake (unless of course the Sphinx is a Klingon).

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is an illustration of Christopher Dunns (+ Joseph Farrell) Giza Power Plant hypothesis.

A: The "King's Chamber": Hydrogen, sound energy, and solar/lunar energy was collected here and amplified by crystals.
A1 & A2: Solar energy & lunar energy (reflected solar, microwave and other types of energy from space) collected through these shafts. The northern and southern faces were originally shaped like satellite dishes, with collectors to collect and transmit the energy into the King's Chamber via the shafts.
B: The "Queen's Chamber": Hydrogen produced here by mixing zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid
B1: Hydrated zinc chloride is piped in from the outside through the shaft into the Queen's Chamber
B2: Hydrochloric acid is piped in from the outside through the shaft into the Queen's Chamber
B3 & B4: It is possible that the zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid was piped in from the outside, but no external opening has been found. A subterranean chamber in or beneath the pyramid may eventually be found that supplied these or other chemicals for the reaction.
C: The "Subterranean Chamber": A lesser resonating chamber that produces the bass and sub-bass notes
D: The "Grand Gallery": The primary resonating chamber, produces the midrange and high notes that, along with the bass from the Subterranean Chamber, creates an F-Sharp chord that is channeled into the King's Chamber
E: The "Ascending Passage": Contains granite "plugs" (E1) that serve as sonic dampers to prevent runaway vibration
F: The "Well Shaft": Bass notes from Subterranean Chamber travel through here to Grand Gallery
G: The "Descending Passage": Access tunnel to the mechanism
For further explanation, read on.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A illustration of the Grand Gallery Helmholtz Resonators of Christopher Dunns Giza Power Plants hypothesis.

A "Helmholtz Resonator" (top right) is basically any hollowed-out object with a thin neck protruding from one side out of which sound can travel. Sound is produced when the resonator is vibrated, either directly or sympathetically with a nearby resonator of the same resonant frequency. The resonator can be tuned based upon the size of the object, the width and length of the neck, and so forth. Dunn believes that the Grand Gallery, henceforth referred to as the "Grand Resonator" (D), was once filled with 27 racks of these types of resonators, 7 rows per rack, each row tuned to emit one note on a 7-note scale. All together, with the Grand Resonator providing the high and midrange notes, and the Subterranean Subwoofer providing the the bass and sub-bass notes, the pyramid was one giant speaker that "sang" one massive chord in F-minor. This chord was then directed into the King's Chamber where it was converted in piezoelectric energy.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
But where did all these things disapear to? And why isn't there evidence of all the installations. They would have had to have been secured into the structure some how with all the vibrations being generated?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
According to the Natl Geo here

news.nationalgeographic.com...

the north shaft from the King's Chamber has a number of bends and sharp corners. The inside of the shafts don't appear to be polished when you watch the video from the robot they sent in there.

This would not be a very logical way to gather collected lunar and solar energy, i think.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
one thing you failed to explain is how they actually managed to build it.

One theory i have has kind of a Buddhist origin (although im not a Buddhist)

In a book I read, it claimed that many aeons ago, there was a race called the atlants or something...anyway name is not important.
These atlants were much more advanced than us humans. One time, a war erupted and the weapons that were used made a huge explosion that caused the world to stop and spin a different direction. This caused some huge storms and earthquakes to appear and wiped out most of the ancient civilisation and sunk the island of Atlantis, their homeland. A few of them escaped onto some faraway lands, one of them being Egypt. At that time, the human civilisation was dawning, and the atlants acted as mentors to the humans. They taught them skills such as particle control (changing an object without physically touching it) and teleportation. Possibly as a demonstration, the atlants built the Pyramids by simply willing the blocks to stack on top of them selves, etc. The reason why they were able to do it is because they were much more spiritually advanced than us. As a result, the Egyptians were much more intelligent and spiritually advanced than us. Unfortunately, over the years, this knowledge got lost.

The writer also states that pyramids were actually built much longer ago (about 48 000 years from memory).

However, what is REALLY interesting is how the egyptians cast protective curses on the pyramids to protect them from grave robbers.
This is some info about the tutankhamun pyramid and its discovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the original team of archaeologists who were present when the ancient tomb of the boy king Tutankhamun was opened, only one lived to a ripe old age. Was this a bizarre coincidence? Or was it the manifestation of a curse that had passed down through the centuries - a curse too sinister, too mysterious and too lethal for the modern world to comprehend? And a curse that is still exacting its deadly toll today...
The final wall of the sealed burial chamber of the boy pharaoh was breached for the first time in 3,000 years on 17 February 1923. Archaeologist Howard Carter whispered breathlessly that he could see `things, wonderful things' as he gazed in awe at the treasures of Tutankhamun. As Carter, together with fanatical Egyptologist Lord Carnarvon, looked at the treasures of gold, gems, precious stones and other priceless relics, they ignored the dire warning written all those centuries ago to ward off grave robbers. In the ancient hieroglyphics above their heads, it read:
`Death will come to those who disturb the sleep of the pharaohs.'
The final blow of the excavators' pick had set free the Curse of the Pharaoh. Lord Carnarvon had never taken lightly the threats of ancient Egypt's high priests. In England before his expedition had set out, he had consulted a famous mystic of the day, Count Hamon, who warned him:
'Lord Carnarvon not to enter tomb. Disobey at peril. If ignored will suffer sickness. Not recover. Death will claim him in Egypt.'
Two separate visits to mediums in England had also prophesied his impending doom. But for Carter and Lord Carnarvon, who had financed the dig culminating in history's greatest archaeological find, all thoughts of curses and hocus-pocus were forgotten as they revelled in the joy of the victorious end to the dig. The site of Luxor had escaped the attentions of grave robbers down through the centuries, and the treasure-packed tomb was a find beyond compare.
The accolades of the world's academics rained down on him and his team. The praise of museums and seats of learning as far apart as Cairo and California was heaped on them. Carnarvon revelled in the glittering prize of fame - little knowing that he had but two months to enjoy the fruits of his success. On 5 April 1923, just 47 days after breaching the chamber into Tutankhamun's resting place, Carnarvon, aged 57, died in agony - the victim, apparently, of an infected mosquito bite. At the moment of his death in the Continental Hotel, Cairo, the lights in the city went out in unison, and stayed off for some minutes. And if further proof were needed that it was indeed a strange force that was at work, thousands of miles away in England, at Lord Carnarvon's country house, his dog began baying and howling - a blood-curdling, unnatural lament which shocked the domestic staff deep in the middle of the night. It continued until one last whine, when the tormented creature turned over and died.
The newspapers of the day were quick to speculate that such eerie happenings were caused by the curse, an untapped source of evil which Carnarvon and Carter had unleashed. Their sensational conclusion was reinforced when, two days after Carnarvon's death, the mummified body of the pharaoh was examined and a blemish was found on his left cheek exactly in the position of the mosquito bite on Carnarvon's face. Perhaps this could have been passed off as coincidence had it not been for the bizarre chain of deaths that were to follow.
Shortly after Carnarvon's demise, another archaeologist, Arthur Mace, a leading member of the expedition, went into a coma at the Hotel Continental after complaining of tiredness. He died soon afterwards, leaving the expedition medic and local doctors baffled. The deaths continued. A close friend of Carnarvon, George Gould, made the voyage to Egypt when he learned of his fate. Before leaving the port to travel to Cairo he looked in at the tomb. The following day he collapsed with a high fever; twelve hours later he was dead.
Radiologist Archibald Reid, a man who used the latest X-ray techniques to determine the age and possible cause of death of Tutankhamun, was sent back to England after complaining of exhaustion. He died soon after landing.
Carnarvon's personal secretary, Richard Bethell, was found dead in bed from heart failure four months after the discovery of the tomb. The casualties continued to mount. Joel Wool, a leading British industrialist of the time, visited the site and was dead a few months later from a fever which doctors could not comprehend.
Six years after the discovery,12 of those present when the tomb was opened were dead. Within a further seven years only two of the original team of excavators were still alive. Lord Carnarvon's half-brother apparently took his own life while temporarily insane, and a further 21 people connected in some way with the dig, were also dead. Of the original pioneers of the excavation, only Howard Carter lived to a ripe old age, dying in 1939 from natural causes. Others have not been so fortunate.
While countless Egyptologists and academics have tried to debunk the legend of the curse as pure myth, others have continued to fall victim to it's influence...
Mohammed Ibrahim, Egypt's director of antiquities, in 1966 argued with the government against letting the treasures from the tomb leave Egypt for an exhibition in Paris. He pleaded with the authorities to allow the relics to stay in Cairo because he had suffered terrible nightmares of what would happen to him if they left the country. Ibrahim left a final meeting with the government officials, stepped out into what looked like a clear road on a bright sunny day, was hit by a car and died instantly.
Perhaps even more bizarre was the case of Richard Adamson who by 1969 was the sole surviving member of the 1923 expedition. Adamson had lost his wife within 24 hours of speaking out against the curse. His son broke his back in an aircraft crash when he spoke out again. Still skeptical, Adamson, who had worked as a security guard for Lord Carnarvon, defied the curse and ave an interview on British television, in which he still said that he did not believe in the curse. Later that evening, as he left the television studios, he was thrown from his taxi when it crashed, a swerving lorry missed his head by inches, and he was put in hospital with fractures and bruises. It was only then that the stoic Mr Adamson, then aged 70, was forced to admit: `Until now I refused to believe that my family's misfortunes had anything to do with the curse. But now I am not so sure.'
Perhaps the most amazing manifestation of the curse came in 1972, when the treasures of the tomb were transported to London for a prestigious exhibition at the British Museum. Victim number one was Dr Gamal Mehrez, Ibrahim's successor in Cairo as director of antiquities. He scoffed at the legend, saying that his whole life had been spent in Egyptology and that all the deaths and misfortune through the decades had been the result of `pure coincidence'. He died the night after supervising the packaging of the relics for transport to England by a Royal Air Force plane.
The crew members of that aircraft suffered death, injury, misfortune and disaster in the years that followed their cursed flight. Flight Lieutenant Rick Laurie died in 1976 from a heart attack. His wife declared:
`It's the curse of Tutankhamun - the curse has killed him.'
Ken Parkinson, a flight engineer suffered a heart attack each year at the same time as the flight aboard the Britannia aircraft which brought the treasures to England until a final fatal one in 1978. Before their mission to Egypt neither of the servicemen had suffered any heart trouble, and had been pronounced fit by military doctors. During the flight, Chief Technical Officer Ian Lansdown kicked the crate that contained the death mask of the boy king, `I've just kicked the most expensive thing in the world,' he quipped. Later on disembarking from the aircraft on another mission, a ladder mysteriously broke beneath him and the leg he had kicked the crate with was badly broken. It was in plaster for nearly six months.
Flight Lieutenant Jim Webb, who was aboard the aircraft, lost everything he owned after a fire devastated his home. A steward, Brian Rounsfall, confessed to playing cards on the sarcophagus of Tutankhamun on the flight home and suffered two heart attacks. And a woman officer on board the plane was forced to leave the RAF after having a serious operation.
The mystery remains. Were all those poor souls down the years merely the victims of some gigantic set of coincidences? Or did the priestly guardians of the tomb's dark secrets really exert supernatural forces which heaped so much misery and suffering on those who invaded their sacred chambers - and exact a terrible punishment on the despoilers of the magnificent graves of their noble dead?
The most intriguing theory to explain the legend of the curse was advanced by atomic scientist Louis Bulgarini in 1949. He wrote:
`It is definitely possible that the ancient Egyptians use atomic radiation to protect their holy places. The floors of the tombs could have been covered with uranium. Or the graves could have been finished with radioactive rock. Rock containing both gold and uranium was mined in Egypt. Such radiation could kill a man today.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remember, this is just my opinion, i don't think that we'll know for sure about these mysteries for a while

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
According to the Natl Geo here

news.nationalgeographic.com...

the north shaft from the King's Chamber has a number of bends and sharp corners. The inside of the shafts don't appear to be polished when you watch the video from the robot they sent in there.

This would not be a very logical way to gather collected lunar and solar energy, i think.

According to Christopher Dunns, both the northern and southern shafts were originally lined with gold plating.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
But where did all these things disapear to? And why isn't there evidence of all the installations. They would have had to have been secured into the structure some how with all the vibrations being generated?

Dunns surmises there was a catastrophic failure of the pyramid power generater that produced a massive explosion in the Kings Chamber which destroyed much of the working componants within the pyramid. The bits and parts of componants left behind were gradually hauled away by people over the millennias.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As an operating engineer I've seen and worked on several sorts of processing plants using different materials and chemicals. I've always noticed that there's no way to totally clean up the equipment.

In a few thousand years, when the heavily rusted hulk that used to be my asphalt plant is discovered, it is still going to be full of sand and oil.
The lime plant that treated the aggregate for that plant is still going to be stained white from whatever ungodly chemical we were using. If the metal entirely rusts away there will still be rust and other residues to show that several thousand tons of steel once stood there.

So... If the pyramids were powerplants full of chemicals and rare-metal plating, I have a suggestion. Put a few pebbles of the material through a battery of tests and find out what chemicals were in there. You will also find out what materials may once have been incorporated in the structure.

There are only two possible explanations (that I can think of quickly) for why the power plant theory isn't iron-clad fact being taught in every school. 1. Because such tests don't show results consistent with the theory. 2. Because they do/will, and the Egyptian government is covering it up so that they can continue to generate electricity form the pyramids (maybe the electrical wiring is the real reason they are limiting digs and sonar readings now.- i smell a conspiracy) lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
After decades of studying that question, I have come to the conclusion that the answer of moving brick of this size relies on physics and the science of balance.

An excellent modern example of similar size stones being moved without power tools and generators can be found at onealclan0.tripod.com...

It is possible for just one man, with sufficient scientific knowledge, to build a structure comparable to the pyramids.

This is not intended to say aliens were involved, only to state that it is not an impossible task for anyone willing to study, research and experiment until the job is done. The greatest gift needed are determination and will.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think that it is very possible. Ever hear: "As above, so is below?"

I think that if such inverted pyramids existed, they would contain advanced technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join