It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

checking out some acreage this weekend.. any tips/advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

If you are planning to keep some livestock, Chickens, sheep goats, a calf or two. Be aware the Government "stocked" the area in the North Carolina App. mountains with black panthers. Someone actually saw the truck transporting the pair. Since then My spouse and I saw one cross the road in mid North Carolina and when I mentioned it at a local feed store, two others had also seen black panthers.

The "official" story of course is that they do not exist. en.allexperts.com...

Red wolves have also been "stocked" in my area and there are bear, coyote, bobcat and the blasted TREE CLIMBING gray fox. All think chickens and lambs and kids are yummy. A stout critter proof barn is a must to protect your animals at night.

If you look in the local library you maybe able to find the areas soil survey or other geological information. A topo map is also very handy. I used topos to find the farm I bought.

Do not over look just driving around looking for for sale signs. My land had just had the sign put up the day before and we snapped up a very good deal. It did however have a tax lean that had to be clear first. Title Insurance is a MUST.

<< 1   >>

join