It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Supposedly our subconscious creates these elaborate dreams, including people and events that are contained in our subconscious. But what part of the subconscious mind is the creator?

I think non-physical aliens are the authors of our dreams. They have access to all of our past experiences, and they create dreams that they feed off of.

When you feel the stress of an emotional dream, exert as much effort as you can to say, "STOP"! Exit the dream, and remove yourself from an exploitive alien-human interaction.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Nah I don't think they feed off our goodies.

For me, there are different types of dreams. There are the dreams where our mind works to file away all our recent experiences.

There are also lucid dreams, which are fun.

Then there are these dreams where I feel like we "download" information. I think these downloads come from the stars and the things that exist up there.

yep.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If you can shout "STOP" and get out of the dream, you can also control the dream. Look into lucid dreams, they are fun.
Oh yeah get rid of your Oneirophobia.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think dreams are an allegory for us to understand God, self, and reality and the relationship between them.

I think 99% of dream content is created subconsciously. I'm sure there is small amount of dream material that is transmitted from outside sources.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The underlying mesh of a dream is a computerised system of representative images. Our imaginations "fill in the blanks" so to speak and provide us with a "movie".

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

top topics

join