It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Guys... anyone else see the conspiracy stuff in this one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First, in the scene where Wahlberg and Farrel visit the man at the SEC, they are talking to a receptionist, and he correctly identifies the Federal Reserve as a "held for profit bank that sets interest rates, and loans money to other banks." That perked my ears up, then at the end, Derek Jeter goes on a long rant about the investment banking industry and how the news are owned by the "same corporations that own the government."

I guess maybe there's a ray of hope that we have some people in Hollywood who aren't afraid of telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the entire end credits roll, over a graphic slideshow of just how crap the financial systems are!

seemed out of place, as i watched this film with alot of the volume turned down.
i missed alot of dialogue

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just saw that last night and recall those scenes. The movie was pretty irreverent throughout and reminded me of Airplane. But your observations are astute and those scenes were pretty interesting. Two
One for comedy and one for conspiracies.
edit on 13-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: fix up

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Those guys had better watch themselves or the same evil ones after randy Quaid will get them.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

SO how soon are we going to see the MSM blow up these guys like they did Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
movie was hilarous

I am going to lock you up in the Federal Reserve!!!
Will Ferell "I don't think he gets the concept"

hahha

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Want to know the real truth about your history watch all 5 hours of this vid. There's a few episodes within it the latter ones of what they're up to now and what they are planning for us serfs:

uncensored.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Having watched the movie again, I am very heartened by this revealing of the truth. The lines aren't delivered by any of the "Clownish" characters, but by sober, intelligent people without any joking or winking. With the bad guys owning the MSM, any time the truth comes out, I feel like I'm one of the kids in Red Dawn having to decipher codes given over the radio.."The chair is against the wall, repeat, the chair is against the wall."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo

Just got done watching the Netflix, and shot straight over here...

This happens a lot - plenty of rich/powerful actors/writers/musicians/etc inject their political views/stances into their craft to express their opinions, send a message, or vent a little bit. Quite brilliant, really.

I started a thread like this somewhere (or meant to) talking about how shows like South Park, Family Guy, etc, all use their comedic shows to hop on a soapbox and voice themselves.

I just found it funny as hell that Wahlberg was the nutjob while Will Ferrell was the straight man - like some big wig execs made a under the table gamble that it couldn't be pulled off. And the Cameos?! Who wasn't in this film?

This movie was a lot smarter than some may be giving it credit for.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Yeah. Surprised the hell outta me when I saw it a month ago.

Especially the end credits.

Wow

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
movie was hilarous

I am going to lock you up in the Federal Reserve!!!
Will Ferell "I don't think he gets the concept"

hahha

This is most of america though. Think about what he said and the other guy said..

People dont get the fed is the ones stealing the money.. End of movie they said Ponzi Scheme.. its the same thing.. The people dont understand what the federal reserve is.. so the statement fits with the jeeder(sp) and end credit scene..

I found it interesting that they clearly showed this in a stupid movie, maybe thats why they did it.. stupid retarded movie that people will think is funny so therefor wtf about the fed, it must be some kinda joke right? of course it is.. go look in the mirror and then laugh because the joke is on the person you laughing at in the mirror.

I also think this was done on purpose, The crap about terrorism was done in a drama in 98 i think "The Siege" nobody paid attn.. This is done in a funny move nobody will care.

It is good they show this though, I wonder if it made people research or look into the crap that was at the end of the movie.
edit on 4/17/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join