It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID implant reverse engineering, ethical?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Would it be ethical to modify or hack information and/or functions in any implant technology that might otherwise control or track human beings if it couldn't be removed by surgery?

Should we just modify volunteers or whack random people in the head, drag the body off to a secret lab, and operate/debug their freedom back?

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There's a current thread on ATS that deals with this & more besides, at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yeppers! That thread inspired me to branch it off onto a discussion of what to do about those who either have no other choice or cannot be helped by direct surgery. What would be the ethical issues of liberation through implant modification? Should we choose carefully or 'unplug people at random'?
Would anyone under the influence of the implants be able to retain enough humanity to subtly seek out help in this way when no one is looking or there is a power outage?

df1

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Yeppers! That thread inspired me to branch it off onto a discussion of what to do about those who either have no other choice or cannot be helped by direct surgery. What would be the ethical issues of liberation through implant modification? Should we choose carefully or 'unplug people at random'?
Would anyone under the influence of the implants be able to retain enough humanity to subtly seek out help in this way when no one is looking or there is a power outage?

Learn from nature.

When a wild animal gets caught in a trap it will often just chew off the trapped limb with its teeth. See there are always options.

I wonder if ATS will let me change my username to "stumpy".

[edit on 15-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yeah, if they put the implant in your head.. just chew off from the neck up.....

May be difficult... maybe better to have a friend do it.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would say that it is ethical to remove implants from yourself. After all, it is yourself! That is what you are asking, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Close, but no cigar.
Would it be ethical to mass modify the code in the implant chip so as to grant people their freedom, if the chip was a mind controller or tracking system?
This is already with the assumption that surgury is not an option and the individual still wants said limb to be attached.
If they were under some sort of mind control, then getting volunteers would be difficult, if not impossible. Therefore should the underground debugging service unplug people from the nwo systems randomly or should certain people be freed?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Right, sorry about that

I would still think it is ethical. It does depend on what code is stored / executed in that 'chip'. If it were just a simple collection of passwords, medical emergency information, et cetera--things that make life easier, I do not think it is ethical. That is assuming the device was implanted willingly. Otherwise, if the modification of such a device was helping people, then I think it is ethical.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Mass removal of RFIDs, hacking them all, etc. would by definition be no better than those that installed them. In any given group, there would be those that had asked for them, and were benefiting by them. (Alzheimers patients, my dog, etc.)

Now, if you wanted one, and paid for someone to get one so you could examine one, I don't see the problem.

If you want to start broadcasting random numbers if (ok when) they start tracking movements, I don't see the problem.

The challenge I see is three fold:
1) Decoding the signals as they are.
2) Blocking signals
3) Transmiting chosen signals.

top topics

join