It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Komboucha companies forced to change their formulas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Komboucha and have been buying it for a while now. The last 4 of 5 bottles of the Synergy brand that I've bought have no kick anymore and seem flat. I figured I just had some bad batches or something. I called the company and I listened to a message and they talked about how they changed their formula to a lighter version.

I think stores such as wholefoods took it off the shelves because there is traces of alcohol in it.

Now I guess they cant let it ferment as long. Which kinda ruins the whole point and ruins the kick that it usually has.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: here is an article. Its all about the alcohol. Funny thing is that Whole foods (at least in New Orleans) sells alcohol too and that is no problem. hehe
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 12-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That's some terrible news, and reminds me of the same exact thing they are doing to vitamins (reducing effectiveness, 20,000 to 500, example)

Gah!

I like homeade kombucha, but those drinks were just as great (had flavor, heh).

One word:

Weaksauce.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It doesn't even contain 1% alcohol!

THAT'S LIKE DIPPING A BAG OF TEA IN A GLASS OF WATER THEN TROWING IT AWAY!

edit on 12/2/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Y would they have to do that when there is more alcohol in cough medicine that's sold over the counter?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It is only a guess on my part here, but could this have something to do with the level of alcohol being unknown or irregular? If it is over a certain limit then the label has to include a health warning.

Probably most times it is under the limit, but occasionally over. Why don't they just put the label on anyway?

Kombucha being a natural product my guess is controlling the alcohol content isn't an exact thing such as it is in the production of beer, wine and booze.

Just make your own. I don't drink Kombucha myself, but I do make my own Kefir, which also contains a bit of alcohol from fermentation -- but very little.

top topics

join