It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Super Pack’ of 400 Wolves Terrorize Remote Russian Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

A ’super pack’ of wolves has been terrifying a town after leaving more than 30 horses dead in just four days. Four hundred bloodthirsty wolves have been spotted prowling around the edges of Verkhoyansk, in Russia, attacking livestock at will. Twenty four teams of hunters have been put together to get rid of the wolves, with a bounty of £210 for every wolf skin brought to officials. Stepan Rozhin, an administration official for the Verkhoyansk district in Russia, said: ‘To protect the town we are creating 24 teams of armed hunters, who will patrol the neighbourhood on snowmobiles and set wolf trap

source

WoW, I have never heard of a wolf pack that large anywhere on earth,
I can understand having to get rid of most of them for safety's sake,
but still, that is an unusual amount of wolves for any area...
there is a link at the bottom of this article to a bigger article with more pics,
I did a search here on ats and did not see this posted,
this story is 4 days old..

But we need more people. Once the daylight increases, the hunters will start shooting predators from helicopters.’ A pack of wolves this size is unheard of, with the animals usually preferring to hunt in smaller groups of just six or seven. The massive group is believed to be made from hundreds of packs and has left animal experts baffled

edit on 12-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Interesting! Thx for the post! Usually wolf attacks are very rare on humans, probably not so much on livestock. And wow! 400 Wolves in a pack! Must be one helluva wolf to be the Alpha male of that group!
Too bad that they have to kill them but I do understand that its obviously not safe to have that type of pack where it endangers the lives and livelyhood of people.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I just wonder if those people could use some sort of microwave weapons to help against this. The problem is how would you set it up, and i am sure the russian gov could solve this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There are other threads covering this and it is old news. Aslo I think it was determined to be french whispered all out of porportion to reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Here's a scary thought/quote..

Wolves are very careful to choose the most nutritious food source easiest obtained without danger - which in this case happens to be horses. 'They will start tackling dangerous prey when they run out of non-dangerous prey

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

Well, like i posted, i did a search and didn't find a thread on this..

also..( this is the articles date.......Posted by BananaFamine on February 8, 2011)

hence the "4 day old" i added...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Original thread from January

This thread is about this same 400 wolf pack.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

ah..I see..

well thanks..so much for ATS search engine...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have found searching ' Above Top Secret' and a few keywords on the actual google site has higher chance of finding what you looking for than the ATS search if that helps. It's annoying when you get what you think is a nice score and it is old news.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wrote in, 400 wolves and that thread came up.

Seems there still aren't any photos to prove the pack is that large. That would be something to see.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I agree...
It's kinda funny because my wife sent it to me and said it would be a good topic on ATS,
so i did my search like we are told to do and nothing came up..
guess i will start using the google one now..thanks for the tip!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yep i think if there was a problem the russian gov could solve this.

Also i think you mean chinese whispers.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

THEY are effing up,,, really.. a bounty that large, will cause EVERY wolf to be killed,, (and some dogs_)

and what happens when they get over run with rabbits and mice/rats in the spring....?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Too bad that they have to kill them but I do understand that its obviously not safe to have that type of pack where it endangers the lives and livelyhood of people.

A pack that size is not good for the wolves either because there is not enough game in the area to feed all of them and they will starve.

I think this may be from the bad weather in Russia. Russia is to ban the export of grain from 15 August to 31 December after drought and fires devastated crops.

If I recall correctly, mice of all things are a staple of the wolf's diet. A drought is bound to have effected the prey animal population.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
this reminds me of the indean tribes all coming
together to fight off the white man in america!
this is a new one for us to try to understand.
how can so many alpha males come together?
is it because they had a lot of food,
then very little?
or is this some thing to do with the animals turning on us?
I can see a horror film from this.

top topics

join