It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Heck, I'm just two years older than you.(where's the icon for an old-fart?
)

You're right that this type of thread won't get the attention that "My spleen is from a grey" or "Shape-shifters ate my cat" but it needs to be done.
And repeated if necessary.

Because without our basic rights, we couldn't talk about spleens, greys, cats, or shape-shifters.

Our second ammendment insures our first ammendment.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The southern border is wide open for a reason: watch "food inc." if you get a chance (Netflix has it)

President William Jefferson Blythe Clinton( I got in trouble for calling him more creative names here) signed onto the nafta agreement which dumped cheap monsanto corn
all over the market (especially south of the border bankrupting Mexican farmers who now head north to be abused and paid dirt to work in the few huge dangerous slaughterhouses (* truly jobs Americans won't do willingly at that payrate);Plus they can try to move the anti-gun or anti drug thing ("wars") farther. When it suits them
edit on 11-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
cartel members must purchase weapons in bulk and trade coc aine for it.

if that's the case, then the sellers are most likely russian, italian and chinese organized crime groups.

these organizations don't care were the weapons come from. but the united states being the biggest arms manufacturer and supplier of firearms in the world, the most logical and easiest place to obtain weapons is from there.

i bet you can get a tractor bed with a nuclear missile on it, and the mexican border officers wouldn't blink twice as you drive thru.
edit on 11-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Now I am scared.

Isn´t this a likely coincidence that right know us goverment considerate Mexico as "high risk" , and then people writes with posts like this?

are some of you posters trying on purpose to create an opinion about "how dangerous and close danger Mexico is"?

Read me, your goverment will begin to try to sell you the idea that an occupation is needed in Mexico. And some posters too. Really scary.

Of course there is violence in SOME CITIES in Mexico, drug related, due to the war between the goverment and the drugs cartels, and between drugs cartels fighting for be the first to carry the drug... ¿where? where the consumer is, the usa.
But MOST OF THE CITIES in Mexico are beautiful and peaceful, with people with no guns at all.

It is not fair to consider my country as "the closest enemy or threat". It is just an excuse. Or maybe the excuse for the "patriot Act " to be there again. Have you read about your goverment suspecting Al Queda and cartels working togheter? Wondeful excuse!!!!!
I hope you see this from the perspective of somebody who lives in a country wich I consider beautiful and feel outraged for the now present risk of your country making an intervention.
I know that my country and goverment have deep problems, but we dont like them and we mexican civilians will try to fix it. Feel sad about the violence in my country.

and remember that usa gave weapons to the afgan militia some years ago, to fight the soviet, of course, under the bridge, and afganistan is a little far... Isn´t posible with groups next door? another wonderful excuse!!! "they have weapons!" "they are violent and dangerous!".
scary.
Don´t mean to be "anti-american", but of course, I dont like your people to consider my country "a menace".

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
cartel members must purchase weapons in bulk and trade coc aine for it.

if that's the case, then the sellers are most likely russian, italian and chinese organized crime groups.

these organizations don't care were the weapons come from. but the united states being the biggest arms manufacturer and supplier of firearms in the world, the most logical and easiest place to obtain weapons is from there.

i bet you can get a tractor bed with a nuclear missile on it, and the mexican border officers wouldn't blink twice as you drive thru.
edit on 11-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I think we need to realize that the chinese will sell weapons to anyone, I have a buddy who is a vice cop and the last three gun stash busts where all chinese made knock off's of american guns; but the media still reported that "american style" firearms where flooding into canada.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Also ex-Eastern Bloc nations are heavily involved in the international arms markets.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, many of these nations were struggling financially.

To remedy this, they began to pour massive amounts of arms on the market. They also have very little problems with supplying criminal black markets as well.

When we talk about the arms trade in Mexico, let us please keep in mind that our friends in Eastern Europe are also heavily involved in this trafficking.

Rather than AK47s, we are talking about far more expensive ordinances such as hand grenades, anti-personnel mines, rocket propelled grenade systems, armor piercing rounds, and even the rare anti-aircraft rocket here and there.

These black market items are available in every country on Earth, even the USA.

And you can buy them through various channels that go directly to ex-Eastern Bloc nations.

So yes, even though China is a big player in the market today, let us not ignore our traditional suppliers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto
Now I am scared.

Isn´t this a likely coincidence that right know us goverment considerate Mexico as "high risk" , and then people writes with posts like this?

are some of you posters trying on purpose to create an opinion about "how dangerous and close danger Mexico is"?

Read me, your goverment will begin to try to sell you the idea that an occupation is needed in Mexico. And some posters too. Really scary.

Of course there is violence in SOME CITIES in Mexico, drug related, due to the war between the goverment and the drugs cartels, and between drugs cartels fighting for be the first to carry the drug... ¿where? where the consumer is, the usa.
But MOST OF THE CITIES in Mexico are beautiful and peaceful, with people with no guns at all.

It is not fair to consider my country as "the closest enemy or threat". It is just an excuse. Or maybe the excuse for the "patriot Act " to be there again. Have you read about your goverment suspecting Al Queda and cartels working togheter? Wondeful excuse!!!!!
I hope you see this from the perspective of somebody who lives in a country wich I consider beautiful and feel outraged for the now present risk of your country making an intervention.
I know that my country and goverment have deep problems, but we dont like them and we mexican civilians will try to fix it. Feel sad about the violence in my country.

and remember that usa gave weapons to the afgan militia some years ago, to fight the soviet, of course, under the bridge, and afganistan is a little far... Isn´t posible with groups next door? another wonderful excuse!!! "they have weapons!" "they are violent and dangerous!".
scary.
Don´t mean to be "anti-american", but of course, I dont like your people to consider my country "a menace".

A "Menace"?
why under the"SPP" ( security and prosperity partnership) ( I.E.the globalists"North American Union") plans; "YOUR" southern border becomeS "OUR" southern border
north Americans all

( but damn those Guatemalans!!!)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-2-2011 by 46ACE because: PROPERTENSE

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto
Now I am scared.

scary.

I'm not sure if that post was targeted at me or not, but I'm not blaming Mexico for anything other that what it's guilty of: a highly corrupt government that allows incredibly powerful drug cartels to basically do as they please. Much like the US is guilty of a highly corrupt government that allows incredibly powerful corporations and special interests to do as they please. The only difference is that corporations and special interest aren't in the streets with AK-47s and M16s. They are almost as dangerous though.

I have nothing at all against the citizens of Mexico, nor do I think most in this thread do. I complain about corruption in the American government, and I'm an American.

I also have to agree with you about the media's/government's lies regarding Mexico, but the MSM and government is never really been a venue from which you would find unbiased (or even correct) information. But that doesn't erase the fact that cartel violence is spilling over and killing American citizens in the border states, this is not propaganda. I'm sure Mexican citizens would have something to say if thousands of automatic weapon wielding Americans crossed the border and started mowing down the people.

Although I'm no fan of the MSM, I think the REAL blame for all the misinformation lays with the DHS, ATF, etc. They are the ones feeding the media these lies, and sadly most (if not all) media folks are just too ignorant and lazy to verify the "facts" and your average American doesn't know squat about it either, so they just eat it up.

Another example of the stupidity of government agencies. I don't know if anyone knows what Airsoft is, but they are (for the most part) exact replicas of firearms that fire 6mm (sometimes 8mm) plastic BBs. Awhile back the ATF seized a shipment of Airsoft M16s, even though they had the required orange barrel tip, and didn't have any copyright infringing trademarks. The reason? The ATF said these could easily be converted to fire live ammunition, and were considered real firearms because of it.

This is where the extreme ignorance comes into play. There is no way in hell you are going to get an Airsoft gun to fire real ammunition, even if you somehow could it would blow the gun apart on the first shot and probably kill the person shooting it. They are made of cheap pot metal and plastic, not high quality alloys. The only way to make an Airsoft gun into a functioning firearm is to fabricate every single part of the real gun, basically it's no easier than just making an entire gun by yourself. But the ATF is too damned stupid to actually figure this out, so they stole something like $30,000 worth of product from an American retailer.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
HMM ...sorry if I misread the above post I thought it was written by a Mexican citizen Anxious about American media caling Mexico a "problem"...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

Sorry if you feel this thread was to threaten or scare anyone. It was created to truly discuss our countries inactivity's closer to home, not to invade or occupy, but to be more vigilant closer to home.

We are all aware here in the USA that we are the biggest gun producing country in the world, we are not a cheap gun producing country though, our fire arms are being reproduced all over the place, just as Germany's and Russia's are. The weapons we produce and provide for struggling nations are meant for the greater good of a facilitation of either bad government's or all out inadequacy for fighting a war with another country that is advanced superiority over the under dog country's.
I can also attest to the fact that we do not wish to reignite such a thing as the war of 1812 all over again. I believe for the most part and for reason's this thread was created, to be able too get the full understanding of why we can't clean up our own back yard when we feed the financial fires all over the globe as an entity of either redemption or relief by means of military might.
Like I had mentioned earlier in this post reply, "I am sorry if you think this is a cry of invasion." It is not, nor will it ever be my ideology, but we have dealt with similar thing's like this before here with in our boarder's, Crypt's, Blood's, Mafia, etc. etc. There are numerous other ones I have not mentioned. SO, on behalf of a fare understanding from one citizen of a country to the other, do apologize for the "Dom and Gloom" that you may have thought I was trying to get across, "Sorry."

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Another example of the stupidity of government agencies. I don't know if anyone knows what Airsoft is, but they are (for the most part) exact replicas of firearms that fire 6mm (sometimes 8mm) plastic BBs. Awhile back the ATF seized a shipment of Airsoft M16s, even though they had the required orange barrel tip, and didn't have any copyright infringing trademarks. The reason? The ATF said these could easily be converted to fire live ammunition, and were considered real firearms because of it.

This is exactly what I was trying to get across to our Mexican neighbor that you had replied to with this remark.
We are destined to be held accountable with these event's taking place as ell as the Mexican citizens/Cartel's or any other possible affiliation's that are dabbling in some type of illegal activity.
We probably don't know all the details to these event's, and I am sure there is more than meets the eye by way of MSM or Government disclosure, but these thing's are at best the rhetorical vocalization that some people want us to be at with simple ideologies with only presumption's to cause there to be disgruntle feeling's from one boarder over to another.
Our government has some serious issues with the way they are being directed or ran, there has to be an evaluation of these event's by the people , not by the government with imaginary deep pockets.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

A "Menace"?
why under the"SPP" ( security and prosperity partnership) ( I.E.the globalists"North American Union") plans; "YOUR" southern border becomeS "OUR" southern border
north Americans all

This is how the lines get blurred from any real conclusion to bring these event's to a proper fruition of acknowledgment.
I don't believe that the Mexican civilian population is a menace by no means. But I do know that there are both good and bad elements in both of our countries to allow groups and people of this ideology to become the force they are. Good people or bad people, we are all initiated into an unseen house of cards by way of what the true details are in this matter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join