It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Masons: Can You Decipher My Ring?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
OldCorp,

Apparently, I do not have enough posts in order to reply to your message. I have to have 20 posts in order for them to work. If you would like to pm me an email address, I can reply there as it seems I am able to read PM's.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Old Corp,

Your father's ring is a Scottish Rite ring. The symbols on the side are the symbols of the four coordinate bodies:

The inverted triangle containing the Hebrew letter "Yud" represents the 14th degree, that of Grand Elect Mason. This is conferred in the first body of the AASR known as the Lodge of Perfection. The Lodge confers degrees 4 - 14.

The diamond containing the scales of justice represents the 16th degree, Prince of Jerusalem. This is conferred in the second body known as the Council, Princes of Jerusalem. The Council confers degrees 15 and 16.

The rosy cross represents the 18th degree, Knight of the Rose Croix. This is conferred in the third body known as the Chapter of Rose Croix. The chapter confers degrees 17 and 18.

The inverted triangle containing the number 32 obviously alludes to the 32nd degree, Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. This is conferred in the fourth body known as the Consistory. Consistory confers degrees 19 through 32.

The double headed eagle on the top of the ring is the Eagle of Lagash. It is emblematic of the Scottish Rite. Several meanings have been attributed to it, a quick google search will get you started.

The AASR in the US is governed by two separate Supreme Councils, the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction which roughly covers north of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Mississippi, and the Southern Jurisdiction, which covers the rest of the country. The information I have provided covers the NMJ, I'm pretty sure the SJ organizes their bodies a little differently. Some of the names of their degrees vary from ours as well. Having seen several rings like your father's, there is a good likelihood that the engravings on the sides were once enameled and quite colorful. There are several jewelers around that handle restorations and could do a nice job restoring the ring to it's original state if you are so inclined.

Regarding non-members wearing the ring, I have mixed feelings. I understand if that is all you have left of your father, however, you are putting yourself out there as something you are not by publicly displaying it. I have an uncle that was an Annapolis grad and Naval Aviator, yet I would never dream of wearing his wings (even though I am a pilot as well, just not a Navy one) or his ring.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Symbolism is far too much to go into Great Detail (it would take way to much space on this site and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate it.) If you don't mind opening communications with me, do so [email protected]
put "Translate My Ring" in the subject line, and I'll tell you what it ALL means. For the rest of you out there, if you want to know also. Shoot me a line with "I want to know too", I will tailor it down the best I can and post the reply on this site.
HOLY COW ! I didn't see OldCorps response, pretty darn good, must be an Old Mason. Still there is some symbolism that I might expound on a little better, didn't go into quite enough detail on some of the individual symbols. He gave you the Masonic meanings. Would you like to know what the real ROOT Meanings are ? If so do as stated above.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Mlchitzdq because: Hadn't seen the post/reply from OldCorp

new topics

<< 1   >>

join