It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Article On LAke Theory And L.A.'s Majorly Overdue Earthquake..(Thier Words Not Mine)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The Article and site are reputable www.sciencedaily.com... since i live in Northern California I hope it isn't as bad as they say it might be...And any thoughts of where the the Salton Sea empty's into??

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Salton sea is supposed (lol) to empty into the gulf of California (between baja and main part of mexico). Allegedly, thats where it came from, at least according to the old Indian stories about red haired explorers in giant wooden ships... I dont know what to believe about that.

As far as the overdue earthquake goes... Well, I live in the greater Los Angeles area, so, either way Im screwed. Im not overly worried. If it does happen to destroy us, I probably wont know about it, and if I do know about it, aint a darn thing I can do to stop it.

Im just trying to enjoy my time here. On Earth. Alive. Whatever you call it. No sense in worrying about something i cant stop. Im prepared (as much as I can be) and ready to leave it in the hands of the fates. I just hope I get a chance to see the beauty of this place one last time... It would be a nice "cap" on the whole experience.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
Salton sea is supposed (lol) to empty into the gulf of California (between baja and main part of mexico). Allegedly, thats where it came from, at least according to the old Indian stories about red haired explorers in giant wooden ships... I dont know what to believe about that.

As far as the overdue earthquake goes... Well, I live in the greater Los Angeles area, so, either way Im screwed. Im not overly worried. If it does happen to destroy us, I probably wont know about it, and if I do know about it, aint a darn thing I can do to stop it.

Im just trying to enjoy my time here. On Earth. Alive. Whatever you call it. No sense in worrying about something i cant stop. Im prepared (as much as I can be) and ready to leave it in the hands of the fates. I just hope I get a chance to see the beauty of this place one last time... It would be a nice "cap" on the whole experience.

yeah thats the same route I'm Taking I actually love earthquakes they're FUC*%%& Exhilerating just wish we had better tech to predict but that might take some of the rush away.. i never heard about the indian storys about red haired explorers have to check those out thanks

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You can find the stories (or at least the beginnings of them) on weird California's site I believe. I read them years and years ago. Some interesting stuff to say the least.

www.weirdca.com...

They are legends, but, I do believe most legends are based on some fact. Who knows what is true, and what was a drunkard's tale anymore?

new topics

top topics

join