It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip On This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm a bit reluctant to even post this on here. Why? I don't know. I just am. Maybe because it's a very old recording of a very old song of mine. In addition, it's a very crude and lame attempt at a video of said song. Either way....here it is...for what it's worth.

A song called, Tripping on the Consequence. By me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Huh.

This isn't bad at all. Then again, I'm a sucker for strong acoustic tracks like this. That's hardly an issue, though, since my point still stands. It's a pretty awesome song. So, good job.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Nice Job! Being a musician and gadget geek, may I ask you what gear and methods you used?
Got my Brain-Cage workin'. finaly have all my toys united again (home studio/touring rig)...may upload soon myself

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsBlink

Thanks Blink. Can I call ya, Blink? Seriously though...thanks for even listening to the damn thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Thanks, mang! The song was recorded many, many years ago by a former co-worker. We mic'd the acoustic with a condenser but also plugged directly into an Akai console at the same time. The guitar is a cheap Road Series Martin Acoustic, with Fishman pickup that I installed. It suits me fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
AWESOME!!!

I loved it!!!, kinda reminds me of an acoustic version of a "Godsmack" tune from "Godsmack IV"... i most definatley would buy a CD from you!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!

What bands influenced your music?

thanks for sharing your tunes!!!

PS... star 4 u!!
edit on 10-2-2011 by snowman9364 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

Wow. More than I expected. Thanks.

The list of influences is too long. Seriously!!! From Beethoven to Bad Brains. Ummm...Cat Stevens to Converge. I love and appreciate so many different styles of music. It's a blend of EVERYTHING!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OlympusMons

Thanks Blink. Can I call ya, Blink? Seriously though...thanks for even listening to the damn thing.

You can call me Blink. Hell, you could call me Kevin Costner and I wouldn't mind.

...Well, on second thought, yes I would. Don't call me Kevin Costner. Is there any chance you'd be willing to toss up an MP3 of this?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is what music should be. Just an expression of talent and music with meaningful lyrics - I like this type, more than anything mainstream because it doesn't have the "contamination" of the MSM in it.
It was really an awesome job, professional sound, all around good music. I'm not saying you would ever get as big as MJ or Elvis, but to let that type of talent just sit on a shelf would be totally wrong.

Ok, you've now got a fan. My wife heard it and has posted the link to the video on her facebook page
edit on 10-2-2011 by sykickvision because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OlympusMons

Cool Cool!!! I no longer have an acoustic, I gave it to a cousin who then passed it on to another cousin (at least it's still in the family) and looking around for a new one. I have a fair bit of gear and a girlfriend who doesn't mind me swapping gear in and outta storage all the time (bonus), I currently own a Roland BRC 1180cd and I love it, perfect for project work. You got the juices flowing, my girlfriend will be happy, maybe I will finally write Her song

ps my influences are varied as well, Bad Brains is definitely in there

currently seeking a banjo and lap-steel!!! call me eclectic and eccentric.
I once recorded a lap-steel through a whammy pedal+OD, for a Redding Ca band!!! Good Times...
until next time...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well, Kevin Costner...you're a somewhat fairly decent actor...I guess.

An MP3 you say? Yeah, I have no problem with that but I'm not sure how to post that on here. If that's what you're suggesting. What to do now??

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate that.

So your wife added the vid link to her FB? Ha, that's awesome! Tell her I said thanks, and thanks again for the comments and taking the time to listen.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Sometimes you have to part with instruments that you like. Maybe that acoustic will find it's way back to you someday. That Roland unit is nice. It's nice to have those recording consoles handy when inspiration kicks in. I have a Tascam DP-01FX, but it hasn't been cooperating lately.

A lap steel through a whammy and OD? A little Dredg influence, perhaps? I sometimes like to plug my acoustic into my tube screamer. It gets a bit muddy, but it's still cool. Well, good luck with future recordings and such and thanks again for listening.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hey,

Just trying to breathe some life back into this thread. I would appreciate it if more people gave this a listen and passed it along. Please, please give a listen. It's one of my older songs but still resonates with what I'm about.

Thanks and take care.
edit on 13-7-2011 by OlympusMons because: (no reason given)

top topics

join