It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Investigators Find No Evidence to Support Prosecution of Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Investigators in the United States are believed to have failed to find evidence to support a prosecution of Julian Assange, the head of WikiLeaks, for encouraging the leak of secret government documents.

This sounds like a crock of s*** to me. As much as our government screams for blood, and they find no way to prosecute him? This doesn't make sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Being that he's not American, there was no investigation. Unless you count beer at Hooter's as a legitimate investigation.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

It means the prosecutors can't find any evidence WL encouraged or in any way helped Manning in obtaining the documents.
How is it suspicious?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This sounds like a crock of s*** to me. As much as our government screams for blood, and they find no way to prosecute him? This doesn't make sense.
[/qoute]

Mumbles something about WMD's..... and many illegal wars.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wait....someone isn't guilty just because you say they are? We need actual evidence of a crime now?!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

If you had responsible government WikiLeaks would not exist?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

I'm confused. Why is it strange? if he was put in place by TPTB, why would they want to get rid of him? The call for prosecution came from real people who feel that his actions should be punished. They found out that they were wrong and have moved on. Is what you're getting at basically that the TPTB could get rid of him if they really wanted to? well then this just tells us that they don't want to.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

Don't sit there and point the blame for my worthless government on myself. Worry about your own business if your going to come trolling at me like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

I started as an Assange supporter until it became clear helping Whistle-Blowers was not his real motive and his true self emerged. Now I think he is just a media-whore punk out for whatever he can get. Even the New York Times abandoned him after finding out what he really was.

Now that I have that out of the way, why would they arrest him? The Soldier committed the crime and he will get Life if he is lucky. I don't think people expected Assange to be charged. He did however knowingly put lives at risk just to get his face in the news, but that is not a crime. The Soldier is responsible for that. We know from the Soldiers own Mother he was a very disturbed man if you could call him a man.

Assange will go on with his shrinking bunch of groupies until they tire of him and then he will drift into obscurity. You will likely find him homeless somewhere or living in one of his groupies basements, banging away on his keyboard, dreaming of when he was getting all the cute little radical girls in bed and being treated like some kind of comic book hero.

But then I might be wrong and he will learn hygiene and join the rest of the world and his rich groupies won't have to clean him up for the media anymore. Sorry, I know I'm overboard but remember his type from the 60's and 70's who tarnished the names of those of us who just wanted peace. Same type exactly.

He is already fading into obscurity in fact. He may yet do something really dumb and cause some deaths easily attributable to him and then maybe he will get a public spanking. For now he has it made, but not for long. His type get on peoples nerves real fast.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I think I'm just more flabbergasted that this is basically an admission of defeat by the US. The US never admits they lost. Hell, they still hold onto Nam the same way.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
it is not a crock of #. why should an someone reporting leaked information in another country be liable to american law.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Investigators in the United States are believed to have failed to find evidence to support a prosecution of Julian Assange, the head of WikiLeaks, for encouraging the leak of secret government documents.

You are upset that our justice system is working as intended?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Assange is a little kid. If this little piece of spit thinks he's worthy of anything else, he can go and take his 9/11 non--conspiracy beliefs and shove them up his cornholio.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Listen. I support Assange and Wikileaks. I don't know how that was twisted. I'm just surprised, knowing how the US Government is, that they gave up so easily. I don't wish harm to Assange, but I expected to hear about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Listen. I support Assange and Wikileaks. I don't know how that was twisted. I'm just surprised, knowing how the US Government is, that they gave up so easily. I don't wish harm to Assange, but I expected to hear about it.

Sorry, man. You are totally right; I misread you like the others on here. I see why you are suspicious.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

A lack of evidence has never before stopped the US from arresting, charging, trying, and convicting tens of thousands upon thousands of prisoners.

If this is true, Assange is rich, an assett, or both.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Chakotay because: If I'm wrong, I WILL apologize...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wonder if someone from the Government will now go on TV and apologise for saying he should be assasinated??

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

it makes perfect sense to me

Assange is a CIA asset even if he doesn't know it.
The CIA feed Assange the disinfo they want published.
He does it not knowing who gave him the info.
It was all outlined in the Cass Sunstein report in
2007 that wikileaks vulnerabilities included
Assange not knowing who gives him his info
so that could be used to their advantage.

CIA feeds him the BS they want published
and the gov agency play it off as they can't
do anything about it. If Assange was that much
of a threat, he would be dead by now.
he is being used like a cheap whore.
Anything that Assange publishes can
be fed to him by the CIA. Not all of it is.
But the main stuff is.

The US Gov will do absolutely nothing
to Assange as long as Assange keeps
putting out the info they want published.
When he stops ....... then his usefulness
has played out and his insurance file
won't mean [snip] cuz it was fed to him
by the CIA to begin with. Basically his
insurance file is useless. They just let him
think it is what's keeping him alive. As long
as he works for their agenda, he is safe.
When he stops ...... he's a corpse.

boon

edit on 2/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

join