It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing A Government, When is Revolution Appropriate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by muzzleflash

What kind of joke is this?

Do you even know how our system works?

The Electoral College decides.

Voting allows us to pretend what it must be like to be on the EC.

The Electoral College decide Congress? Since when? OR is this your personal quest against the POTUS? Do YOU even know how the system works?
edit on 9-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

Maybe it is because you are an Aggie and I am from TTU, that we rub each other the wrong way.

I was making a joke. And you have to admit, it was quite witty and good.

With some of the posters here on ATS, sometimes it's hard to tell jokes from deluded reality. Agree or not, I've always respected you. The post above threw me for a loop....I should have known better.

Point is, the reason people don't revolt is because they don't know how. They see kids in the street throwing rocks and they know deep inside that is not the answer and it will not solve anything.

Did the revolt solve Egypt's problems? No, it has exacerbated them.

If people knew how to really revolt in a peaceful fully effective manner, I have complete faith they would.

No sane person is content being a slave all day just to end up broke at the end of the week.
Crazy deluded people may be content with slavery, but they were deceived unknowingly.

True, we don't know how to revolt. No one really does, it's always going to be a work in progress. Honestly, the only way it will ever happen is if a huge percentage of Americans have nothing left to lose. No job, no money, no home, no food, etc. Then there would be a revolt. Until then, people will be remain subdued, even if they are surviving on Ramen Noodles.

Insofar as the Egyptian crisis goes, I believe the book is still open on that one. We will have to wait for their constitution to be amended and for their September election to play out. Somehow, I think they will be better off from here forward than they have been for the last 30+ years.

Gig 'em

edit on 9-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The same can be said for the Egyptians, only they were deceived to a larger degree via state run TV than Americans are by the MS media. What makes them different than us? Are they smarter? Or is it that we are not as bad off in the US as some want us to believe.

No, they are not smarter. They live in a smaller country. And they still socialize in ways Americans do not. Its the same reason Europeans are more reactive than us. Smaller group, living closer together, who live in older cities, where people still run into each other and chat. Much like in the US when we DID get active, and form this nation.

Americans are very isolated from one another today. And even when we are out in public we go out of our way to isolate even further, with our cell phones and other devices so we dont have to acknowledge other people we dont know well. People here barely know their neighbors in many cases. Geography matters. People in old cities, which are built so that people are all over each other, night and day, crammed together, fosters community spirit, and allows a ready building of consensus.

I honestly believe that, with the social media today, Americans are very well in touch with how everyone else feels about our government, yet there are no mass protests effectively shutting down the country.

Americans barely look at strangers. Much less talk to them. All that social media actually acts to isolate people even further. Because they can ignore everyone around them, and connect with the same small number of people. And one of the beautiful things about the illusion of a free press, is that you arent even aware you should be looking for other information.

Who knew there were massive protests when George W was sworn in? I didnt. Until I saw a video online from another country. Lol. Our media totally ignored it. As they do many of our protests and demonstrations. The only ones they show are the ones that show "protesters" acting like savages. Because those act to discourage protest as well.

And I know that in material terms a lot of us are better off than people in the third world. But not all of us. We have a lot of people and children, homeless. You rarely see them on TV. A lot of people lost their homes and were living in cars. They mentioned it, but we barely got to see them too. We (and the rest of the world) dont really get to see the reality of many, many poor Americans. We see the "reality" of the richest of us. The American dream is a drug being sold around the world and here at home. And the marketing for it requires that the ugly side not really be visible. But it is certainly there.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: to fix a quote

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think the whole world is due a revolution. Our governments, no matter what country you hail from, are not to be trusted anymore and seem to introduce policies which attack your well being and quality of life. If you believe in a NWO, and I personally do, then you realise that they can manipulate the general public into doing what ever they want. Here in Blighty it doesn't matter who we elect as they are just opposite sides of the same corrupt coin! What we really need is a new way of doing politics where the politicians are held accountable for their actions and can't get away with lieing to us, the voters.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Protests when George W was sworn in? News to me. I wouldn't doubt it. Any links?

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Protests when George W was sworn in? News to me. I wouldn't doubt it. Any links?

Peace

www.salon.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join