It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has there been so many presidential assassinations in U.S. History?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was busy watching the movie JFK on TV when it got me wondering why has there been so many presidential assassinations and assassination attempts in America.

List of assassinated presidents

Abraham Lincoln
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
John F. Kennedy

Assassination Attempts

Andrew Jackson
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford
Ronald Reagan

Well after doing some research/googling I came across the Tecumseh's Curse. Apparently this curse ended with Ronald Reagan. But it doesn't quite explain why so many U.S. presidents have been assassinated.

Also came across an article debating if assassinations change history.

"A country whose autocrat is assassinated is 13 percentage points more likely to move toward democracy in the following year than a country where the assassination attempt on the autocrat failed."

Link- Do Assassinations Change History?

Could it be that America has an obsession with democracy. Maybe it's because American leaders find themselves in the lime light more often than other countries leaders and thus are more likely to attract some violent individual. It could even be that Americans just take their political scene a little more seriously. I don't know. I just find it extremely strange.

Not that any of the above really explains it. If it was because of the lime light some leaders receive than Mandela would have been shot and killed by now. I'm pretty sure most countries take their political scene serious because it affects their lives directly, so they'd have to. Obsession with democracy? Na, I doubt that.

What would your explanation be?

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's because Americans are happy with their perfect form of government.

It's the best form of government in the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think it's because TPTB will take your butt out when you stop following orders.

Some anti-gun nut will be along shortly to explain it's because we all have guns

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Maybe it's because the secret service do their job extremely well. Phfft.

Why shoot a someone? Can't Americans wait until election day and just vote the guy out.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You ask why there have been so many, but I'm surprised that there hasn't been more.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In short its because America has shouted up and down "Look at me look at me i have all the power!"
Our open policys that can shift quickly but effect many other nations, has over balenced the view of Power Brokers in the international level. In my belief its cause since we effect so many people we more often end up effecting the small percentage that are willing to turn to assasination.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by harrytuttle

Maybe it's because the secret service do their job extremely well. Phfft.

Why shoot a someone? Can't Americans wait until election day and just vote the guy out.

One man with a ballot may or may not make a difference.
One man with a bullet always makes a difference.

That said, JFK tried to get us away from the FED, and Andrew Jackson fought the central bankers throughout his presidency. Few of those assassinations and attempts were simply people fed up with a president, the reasons and ramifications extend much, much deeper.
edit on 2/9/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In a country where the government is for the people by the people, the chief executive will want to be more accessible to the people, hence the larger risk of assassination. The people enjoy many freedoms that are not available to those in other countries as well, such as gun ownership and freedom of movement.

Assassinations in general are not unique to the USA. Look at the assassinations in Japan, France even the UK. The levels of assassination are equal to if not higher than the USA. Italy has had many as well, however many go back to the Roman Empire. Latin American countries, as well, have had countless assassinations. In the middle east Turkey has had many since the year 1900.

Side note in history, Sweden had 3 kings assassinated in in 11 years during the 1100's. Assassinations are not unique in history, in fact have been prevalent for all of the common era, and certainly are not unique to the USA.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

They cut their puppet strings and the puppet master did not approve.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There does seem to be an interesting connection with most of these...

With the exception of James Madison (who reversed his action and created the 2nd Central Bank of the US), these President have taken on the banking industry.

James Garfield :

By the experience of commercial nations in all ages it has been found that gold and silver afford the only safe foundation for a monetary system. Confusion has recently been created by variations in the relative value of the two metals, but I confidently believe that arrangements can be made between the leading commercial nations which will secure the general use of both metals.

Abraham Lincoln had the whole "greenbacks experience".
John F. Kennedy with Executive Order 11110
Andrew Jackson, basically devoted his presidency to fighting the international bankers.
Ronald Reagan was reviewing a return to the gold standard.

Hey, this is ATS, and we were due for a good discussion on conspiracies. I know there is no evidence to support this, and the "crazy lone-gunman" is always the official culprit, but let's face it, when there is trillions of dollars at stake, some people would be willing to do some pretty extreme things to ensure that the situation remained in their favor.

Let's just say, I wouldn't put it past the international banking cartel.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Could it be that America has an obsession with democracy.

What would your explanation be?

No, it is not because America has an obsession with democracy.

The American culture worships violence. This shows up throughout the culture. Everything from gettin' a whuppin' for not following one's parents' orders to when losing an argument so many go to the "I'll kick your ass!" solution, to the fact that a female nipple is considered obscene and banned from normal broadcast television while gunshot exit wounds and other assorted mayhem is shown nightly.

The American culture is built around violence. So when some moron feels they are not getting their way in matters governmental, the worship of violence is right there ready to lend a hand.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

...Well after doing some research/googling I came across the Tecumseh's Curse. Apparently this curse ended with Ronald Reagan. But it doesn't quite explain why so many U.S. presidents have been assassinated....

I think the curse actually ended with Bush 2. I think TC includes both assassinations and assassination attempts, though I could be wrong.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Stop pissing the people off, or YOU'RE next

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So basically it's because American presidents keep messing with things they shouldn't. Like precious metals and bankers. Could probably include the mafia seeing as that's the idea the JFK movie tries to bring to light.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I know it's not unique to America. Just seems a little ominous that so many got assassinated, and yet the clues and reasons as to why got lost or is being withheld from the public. There's a lot of theories but we don't know if any of them are fact or fiction.

I could probably even add Obama to the list seeing as there's been a lot of threats made against his life. Who knows if there wasn't an attempt on his life but it's just being kept a secret.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just a quick overview I pulled up, I did some research on this a while ago, and found that taking on the banks like a previous poster stated was their main downfall. Many also opposed the hegemonic advances on other country's, and the clandestine programs set up by the CIA.

JFK opposed operation North Wood, wanted to pull out of Vietnam, and opposed the banks. He was a marked man. He also supposedly had a heated argument with the CIA officials a couple weeks/days before his assassination in which he vowed to disband them. Cant confirm that last one tho.

1791-1811: Rothschild's First Bank of the United States.

1816-1836: Rothschild's Second Bank of the United States.

1837-1862: Free Banking Era - no formal Central Bank through the efforts of President Andrew Jackson, who, according to Jackson, the Rothschild's later tried to assassinate.

1862-1913: System of National Banks through the efforts of President Andrew Jackson.

In 1862 Abraham Lincoln issued his own fiat money to finance the Civil War and bucked the Jew New York Banks who wanted to charge the government 24- 30% interest on any loans. Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865.

President James Garfield tried to buck the banks and was assassinated on July 2, 1881.

1913-Current: President Wilson Federal Reserve Act creates a consortium of privately held associated banks called the Federal Reserve Bank. The largest shareholders of the Federal Reserve Bank are the Jew Rothschild's of London holding 57% of the stock which is not available for public trading.

On May 23 1933, Congressman Louis T. McFadden brought impeachment charges against the members of the Federal Reserve Bank. A smear campaign against McFadden ensued and he was poisoned 3 years later.

On June 4th 1963, John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order 1110 which returned to the U.S. Government the power to issue currency without going through the Jew Federal reserve. With the stroke of his pen, President Kennedy was on his way to putting the Federal Reserve Bank of New York out of business ~ for that order gave the U.S. the ability to create its own money backed by silver. Five months later on November 22, 1963 Kennedy was assassinated.

www.youtube.com...

join