It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's dissipating magnetic field foretold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have read many articles lately about the magnetic field of the earth. Bear with me please because I am not a scientist, but they seem to indicate that it is contracting, dissipating, changing in a way that greatly effects our climate and seismic activity.

Could this verse from Revelation, Rev 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places." relate to this?

The heaven's seem to be used to indicate the sky above us in many verses, and that is where the magnetic fields are. Could it be rolling up like a scroll?

And the second part of that verse, mountains and islands being moved out of their places, couldn't that possibly be the result of the magnetic field of Earth being removed? Just curious to see what others think.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Geomagnetic Reversal... Not a literal earth mantel shift. I doubt that it would rock the foundations of earth or the mountains... ect. So I don't think that this would be what revelations was allegedly referring to. Below is some scientific perspective of a magnetic reversal.

Source: www.geomag.bgs.ac.uk...

"Does this pose a threat to life on earth. Almost certainly not. The Earth's magnetic field is contained within a region of space, known as the magnetosphere, by the action of the solar wind. The magnetosphere deflects many, but not all, of the high-energy particles that flow from the Sun in the solar wind and from other sources in the galaxy. Sometimes the Sun is particularly active, for example when there are many sunspots, and it may send clouds of high-energy particles in the direction of the Earth. During such solar 'flares' and 'coronal mass ejections', astronauts in Earth orbit may need extra shelter to avoid higher doses of radiation. Therefore we know that the Earth's magnetic field offers only some, rather than complete, resistance to particle radiation from space. Indeed high-energy particles can actually be accelerated within the magnetosphere.

At the Earth's surface, the atmosphere acts as an extra blanket to stop all but the most energetic of the solar and galactic radiation. In the absence of a magnetic field, the atmosphere would still stop most of the radiation. Indeed the atmosphere shields us from high-energy radiation as effectively as a concrete layer some 13 feet thick.

Human beings have been on the Earth for a number of million years, during which there have been many reversals, and there is no obvious correlation between human development and reversals. Similarly, reversal patterns do not match patterns in species extinction during geological history."

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

during a breakdown in the magnetic field, as a magnetic polar shift happens, it's possible that a theory about the displacement of the earths crust is true - that the crust could literally become unhinged from the mantel in such a way that the crust would experience lag. Sure others here have more info on that, but that's what I think of with the mountains and islands reference. However, the sky rolling up reference is a little trickier and seems to me to suggest a visual phenomenon that could be related to either the physical crust displacement or to some form of electromagnetic "fog" caused by tumult in the fields

One thing I don't see many references to is Rev 6:13, where the "stars" fall from the sky like "figs".. An interesting dynamic of the earth-sun connection is that during periods of high solar activity, the atmosphere literally expands and this creates drag on satellites. I can certain imagine a large flare or other disturbance causing the atmosphere to expand radically - enough to cause satellites to fall out of orbit.

Interesting stuff when you really look at it. All this junk about a pole-shift taking place over 5,000 or more years, to me, is narrow-minded thinking. Geologists were eventually proven officially wrong on their gradualism theories with evidence that mountains and valleys, etc, can be formed over periods of 10 years or less due to violent earthquakes, etc. It's only a matter of time before the same happens with these other gradualism theories.. Things happen fast when they reach their tipping point

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Rev 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

This sounds more like a physical pole shift than it does a magnetic one. A physical shift is way more scarier and damaging than a magnetic one.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've often thought this about that particular revelation, but i equate it more to a physical shift of the earths axis, rather than a magnetic field shift. This would certainly give the effect of the sky rolling up as a scroll.The stars falling from heaven part, well this would tally with earth passing through a dense cloud of dust, which would result in huge meteor showers.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's a thought...

What if this whole Planet X thing is real...although the timing is off, it's not 2012...and a rouge planet passes earth, imagine the tal of smoke and debris behind such a body, it would look like a "scroll being rolled up"...
The gravity of such a body could easily make mountains move as the earth's mantle move in a geological pole shift.

Also there's lots of info in Revelation, if taken litrely, that could happen if such a planet exist, like fire from heaven (metiorites) destroing a third of the world etc.

Think about it...

sorry didn't want to bring the whole planet x thing in here, but just food for thought...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok thanks for clarifying the difference between magnetic and physical shifts. Could a lessining of the the magnetic shield cause a physical shift? I know that it has happened many times before, but what if it were more severe this time?

There is also this verse: Isaiah 24:20 “The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. To me this seems to also indicate a physical pole shift, or some kind of weight imbalance. I mention this verse because if the mountains and islands were moved out of place it would surely throw the axis of Earth off.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In addition to the scientific side of things, which the people before me have taken care of...

Revelation was written to seven churches in Asia Minor concerning the Roman Empire. Prophetically speaking, it has very little to do with us. Jesus does not reveal pole shifts, asteroid impacts, or massive armies of demon locusts. He revealed the fate of the enemies of the churches that Revelation was addressed to. These enemies were the "nations" (Revelation 14:8, among others). These "nations" comprised the "kingdom of the world" (Revelation 11:15). This kingdom was the Roman Empire. Its fate and fall came in AD 476.

What we are seeing today has nothing to do with the seals, the trumpets, or the bowls. That was all fulfilled within the 400 years after John received the Revelation.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
What we are seeing today has nothing to do with the seals, the trumpets, or the bowls. That was all fulfilled within the 400 years after John received the Revelation.

While I appreciate your input, this is not a proven fact.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

ELEnin??

Never know - could be anything. The book says the days will be cut short - that says to me that what everyone starts calling as "game day" will inevitably happen sooner than we expect it to

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

The Earth goes in cycles. If mainstream science wasn't so pig headed in assuming that the the rest of us can't handle the truth, we would know that this cycle comes and goes. if you get into history at all. You will know that the biblical references are a much shorter version of actual history written long before the bible was even a thought. Christians and the Vatican are worse than governments when it comes to keeping secrets.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The bible also speaks of the mother of all earthquakes, so massive that "islands fled away and the mountains were no longer found". such a catastrophic global quake would surely make the panet "reel to and fro like a drunkard"!....and likely throw it off it's axis as well

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

I would go on, but it's probably not fair to turn this into a debate on doctrine. Regardless, it is important for all sides to be considered...so, happy to have a little input
As long as that input has, in fact, been fairly considered, no matter how "yet to be proven" it is.

new topics

top topics

join