It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"read the minds"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Brain implants have been used to "read the minds" of monkeys to predict what they are about to do and even how enthusiastic they are about doing it.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey you. You stole my thread. I posted this in NWO forum the other day. Ahhh I don�t care.

Originally posted by kode
"In the future you could apply this cognitive approach to language areas of the brain," says Andersen. By doing so it may be possible to decode the words someone was thinking, he says.

www.newscientist.com...

Sure it has some good potential, but what about the bad. And what with all the talk about implants, what�s to say they will not add �just that little extra� to your implant, in the future, that you don�t know about.

People should be concerned. There has been a lot of talk lately about implants and how the authorities are trying to phase these devices in. In the future, if they get there way and make it seemingly trendy for people to implant, this link has some serious undertones. What�s more its real, no conspiracy, they can do it [almost I know, but you know they will.]

[edit on 14-7-2004 by kode]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
lol tha's cool. Monkeys are really smart, and funny. It would be hilarious to find out what they think of taking things out of people's pockets!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Bananas, banana, banana banana, banana banana banana.

Imagine, people start having implants to enhance there memory capacities and what not, and the people who make the implants slip a hidden extra into the implant, then one day you have a third of the population strutting about like borgs. And who knows who, and what for, reading their thoughts.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hey you. You stole my thread. I posted this in NWO forum the other day. Ahhh I don�t care.

"In the future you could apply this cognitive approach to language areas of the brain," says Andersen. By doing so it may be possible to decode the words someone was thinking, he says.

www.newscientist.com...

Sure it has some good potential, but what about the bad. And what with all the talk about implants, what�s to say they will not add �just that little extra� to your implant, in the future, that you don�t know about.

People should be concerned. There has been a lot of talk lately about implants and how the authorities are trying to phase these devices in. In the future, if they get there way and make it seemingly trendy for people to implant, this link has some serious undertones. What�s more its real, no conspiracy, they can do it [almost I know, but you know they will.]

Sorry I did not know!!!

I read it on russian site only yesterday

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No, its ok, no one was interested anyway. The post in NWO forum has already faded away.

People have looked though, so it has served to keep up awareness
at most.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by kode]

top topics

join