It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President; The Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
“In America we need to get things straight / Obama, let’s get these kids educated / Create jobs so the country stays stimulated.”

As sung by the Black Eyed Peas during the super bowl half time.

How far have we strayed to belove one man, holding the presidency, will fix all our ailes. Yes, he is the elected leader of the United States of America. No, he is not all the answers!

Based on the separation of powers so given within the Constitution, we can see that the presidency is not meant for kingdom nor his he to be more than the driving force behind the peoples' voice!

But yet, giving the context of the above quote so carelessly spouting during the halftime show of the superbowl, and by the way people have been arguing here on ATS, we have grown to accept that the position of presidency is the supreme position of the land! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

While the highest position within the Executive office is important and needed, it by no means is meant to be powerful nor retain the power that it has today.

The presidency, as important as it may be towards those that desire some form of leadership, serves only as the voice of the nation in regards to geopolitical surroundings and serves as the bully pulpit in times of domestic unrest.

Instead, we have multitudes of persons that believe the presidency is able to, and constitutionally ensure that my rights, are protected.

First, stop worshiping the president and the prerequisite promise and campaign slogans.
Second, we cannot rely upon person at the least, on person to be the head of government. Hence the reasoning behind the sepration of powers and dilution of demorcacy towards the lowest levels of the individual.
edit on 6-2-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'll go with conditioning the masses over an extended period of time for 500 Alex.
And the question is,
Making the executive branch more important than it really is through media reports and diluting the powers of congress to get the populace to accept a single ruler could be called what?

Good observation, now what's the chances of the truth replacing PS3 or XBOX ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

"“In America we need to get things straight / Obama, let’s get these kids educated / Create jobs so the country stays stimulated.”

As sung by the Black Eyed Peas during the super bowl half time"

Its a hope train for people to hold on too. It makes it feel more assuring when you have celbs crying out for it .

"No, he is not all the answers"

maybe not all the answers but he can sure make some noise and get things moving along ? He has the power of the media in his fingertips . He farts it make front page news. You don't have to have all the answers .. you just have to make the attempt to open the doors for those who do have suggestions .

"we have grown to accept that the position of presidency is the supreme position of the land! "

supreme postition no... powerful position yes.

"First, stop worshiping the president and the prerequisite promise and campaign slogans"

worship ? perhaps that hope train again ? that gives the illusion of worship. Obama can do alot more then he is doing now . Also the things he is doing now can be tuned and reformed for maximum productivity and effectivness . Is it his advisors? puppet master? that is slowing it down ? who knows

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It would be wonderful if this were the goals of our political leaders but it is not. As they say, actions speak louder than words. For the last 10 years, the actions have been to further divide the classes, stripping wealth and jobs from the middle class. Deflate the economy. Drive down the value of the dollar. Give massive bailouts to the corporate elite and bankers. When are people going to wake up and realize that despite all of the promises for hope and change, NEITHER political party has done ANYTHING to even begin to move towards a better America. This is the final push to a global government. We are having our rights systematically stripped away. As it was said about the Constitution, it's a worthless piece of paper.

Every day I wake up hoping the people will realize what is going on and take this country back from the corrupt elite. Every night I go to bed disappointed.
Nothing has changed, nor is it going to. It is only going to get worse. MUCH worse.
If we want hope and change, we have to work together, put aside this stupid left vs right duality and work towards a balance that benefits EVERYONE not just the few who manipulate us to suit their own ends. We can no longer fall for these promises. It is up to the people to make it happen.
edit on 6-2-2011 by DjOsiris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
laughs out loud...he was dancing and didn't even here the words..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I give no doubt that the position of the president isn't a powerful one and one with great voice and backing. It is however, not what the education or the media pushes it to be.

There is a reason that the position of the president was enumerated very specific, very narrow powers within the confines of the government. For instance, while the power to declare war is solely dedicated to Congress, it is widely accepted that in times of insurrection and immediate threat the president can deploy troops to ensure the safety of the nation.

Given the above, we can see how Congress has abdicated their responsibility and allowed the position of the presidency to deploy troops to far away lands under the veil of a perceived imminent threat to the people of the United States of America.

I also give no pretenses that the presidency holds a very powerful position within the bully pulpit. Shaping, harnessing and directing the public will to fulfill the agenda and direction sought after. There is nothing wrong with that.

But when the American public has become so enthralled with the one position within government that has been drastically castrated in terms of absolute power, thus giving that office an undue perception of power, how can we fight against such? When tax cuts or raises become labelled as Bush tax cuts, or Obama tax raises; when in reality, they are not. They are the product of a vision enacted by a Congress. So really, they are congress's tax cuts or raises.

Then, because of the 'bottleneck' that is Congress, we have presidents (thats right...this isn't about President Obama...), circumventing at will the Constitutional duty of Congress in appointment of cabinet positions with the creation of positions that directly regulate and make law without approval, what else are we to expect?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Someone please tell the Peas that governments don't create jobs nor are they in in the business of turning profits and running efficiently. If the private sector modeled after the govt. that many people think can save a nation we would be in deep dung.

Thanks black eyed peas...time to roll up your careers and shut up. I judge all "musicians" by their live performances and your little pomp and stomp yesterday was an embarrassment. Clearly the NFL was left scraping the bottom of the barrel when they signed you up for the gig. Stay in the studio where the engineers have the ability to make you actually sound like you know what you are doing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The elite just as soon have the people blame or worship the lead puppet, so they can about their business of profiteering and avoid moral responsibilities.

So when are the people going to start looking past the farce of political office and look behind the curtain?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What the heck are they doing preaching at people during a football game?
What is it with these entertainer types? Geeeze .. they just can't help themselves or something. Tell 'em to shut up and entertain or get off the freak'n stage.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Awww dangit! I just finished payments on my obama-shrine.

Now I'm going to have to think for myself, work for myself, take care of myself and my family without the aid of "His royal regent emperor of all that is kicky", Obama?

It's time we, as Americans grew up. Get off the government teat. Man up and secure your own damned future.

Stop.
Relying.
On.
The.
Government.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
With the Patriot Act in place & activated, the Executive branch has as much power as the congress or the senate... this is unprecedented before 2001.. We'll have been in a state of Emergency for 10 years come this November. How many Americans are aware of my last two sentences? Deregulated media is a real problem. The press is supposed to be completely biased. The government is supposed to use some of our tax money to create oversight / checks and balances with a civilian panel for regulation of the media. Bush did away with that.. I hope all realize that the elected presidents have been representing the few over the whole in every occasion all the way back to Truman, or FDR perhaps. Taxation without representation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Wait..I see the truth and love my PS3...I think there can be a happy medium...if one chooses

new topics

top topics

join