It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any of these Creatures Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What is your opinion on any of these creatures actually being real? The videos are pretty impressive but at the same time, I am very skeptical .....

scienceray.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The "Fresno Stick Creature" is fascinating. I have learned all I can about these suited insects.

I have a theory. I just do not want to jump your thread. The rest of them, I don't have a clue.

The suited "Praying Mantis" well this is not the first time they have popped up.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Another thread in the much underrated crytpid forum!

Lets check these out.

Louisiana Swamp Monster on deer cam.
That one was debunked here on ATS, I believe it was a leaked still from an upcoming film if im not mistaken.

Fresno nightcrawler
That one is pretty cool, I've seen it a number of times and it has never been explained well enough for me. They did try and debunk it on the syfy series Fact or Faked, but like I said, didnt do well enough for me on that one. I am still in the air on this guy, until more evidence is presented. But awesome footage that was captured.

Kentucky chupacabra
Kentucky is a little out the way for the Puerto Rico goat sucker, but it was cool too. I believe that one was also debunked as a deformed and bald mammal, cant rememebr which one, I thnk it was here on ATS.

That fish is weird too, its obviously a real sea creature, but which one? Its possible its a mutated or injured known species, but its also from the oceans, there is so much we do not know about undersea lilfe.

Awesome find here star and flag, heck stars for everyone on this one, because the cryptid thread needs more traffic and more info!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would love to know that some of the more 'weirder' creatures presented actually
existed, but I doubt it very much.

Our world is a lot drabber than we see it, hairy bipeds that live among the
North American woods and huge beasties that patrol our deeper lakes...
tales of another time that we yearn for.

The Unicorn, fairies or Chupacabra belong to our childhood world.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The deer cam has been on ATS several times.
Even though it has not been moved to the hoax forum it does look like a hoax.

LINK HERE

I'm just not sure about the others though.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'm almost sure the hideous fish around 1:20 is a blob sculpin, or a toad fish of some kind. Definitely something from the Scorpaeniformes. At 1:37 we see De Loys' Ape, a creature supposedly found in South America in 1920 by an oil expedition. The first image is a taxidermist's trick, done with a monkey's body and a fish's tail. Next up is a small creature caught in a trap in Mexico, likely a small monkey. The salamander is watermarked as a photoshop job. The three-headed bird is another taxidermist's trick. Next is a freaking carp. The thing with the trunk is a movie prop, possibly from Star Wars. After that is a big flounder. Mangy dog.That blobfish. Taxidermist's trick. Prop of some kind. Illustration of an elasmosaur or similar. Montauk Monster, likely a dog or raccoon. That blasted Panamanian thing, known as the Cerro Azul monster, probably a shaved sloth. Elasmosaur skeleton. Something I can't be sure of, but given the New Zealand stamp I'm betting on a moa of some sort. Oarfish. More taxidermy fakes. I have no idea what that thing in the water is, but I'm thinking it's a model or prop because of the sculpted appearance. And finally, the anatomy of mer-people.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would like to hear your take on the "Fresno Creature". It's the suited pair of insects.

scienceray.com...

It's the second video...This one really gets me.

reply to post by ShadeWolf

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That one's always weirded me out. I honestly think it's something we've never seen before. No idea what, and they don't show up historically, but it's definitely something unknown.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The stick creatures are the only ones in that lot that so far remain to be explained to my liking. That being said the video is of poor quality and its impossible to actually see what it could be.

All of the chupacabra corpses and viedo's are animals suffering from mange and the scary monster one has been thoroughly debunked.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
1. The "swamp monster" is a fake image.
2. The Fresno stick creature is most likely a certain kind of crane native to that area. Sandhill crane, I believe.
3. The chupacabra creatures are usually just hairless animals, such as a raccoon or dog.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Do the Cranes where you live wear clothing? Look at the collar's on these creatures. I appears they are wearing some kind of suit. Does anyone know if a thread has been done on just that creature?

Those things look like they could be in the bar in Starwars...

reply to post by trollz

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Montauk monster of NY is a little crazy they did try saying it was a boxer, I don't know about that, it looks like a beak is on it's face, and Fresco Creature the video is really hard to see but my first impression was someone on stilts lol but like I said I can't see it very good.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am going to call hoax on the stick creatures. Why are we seeing something shot off of a tv screen? Feed the video to a computer and record it directly.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am going to call hoax on the stick creatures. Why are we seeing something shot off of a tv screen? Feed the video to a computer and record it directly.

that one is tough. If I remember correctly, it was captured by a gentleman who set up security cameras in his yard because of neighborhood thievs and vandals and captured this.

There is no historical reference, no outside mythology to relate it to, just one grainy video. If it was to be hoaxed, wouldnt the hoaxer pick something more recognizable? Its tough. From the interview I saw with the homeowner (on Fact or Faked, I am up in the air with that show too haha) I believe that he was not involved if it was a hoax, it was perpetrated on him as well. Its interesting though.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Are you saying that a paranormal investigator stayed in the house while one of these creatures was being filmed. Or did they come by the next day to review the tape?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Are you saying that a paranormal investigator stayed in the house while one of these creatures was being filmed. Or did they come by the next day to review the tape?

No no no...
Sorry about the confusoin. The gentleman who lives in the house where it was filmed caught the creature when he reviewed his security tapes from the previous night. He was sleeping and has security camera set up at hi house because he lives in an area with alot of crime. Once he noticed the creature, then it became an paranormal investigation.

top topics

join