It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments , Laws, Guns and Righteousness ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
After fruitlessly trying to convey my ideas of personal sovereignty , I came across a public domain book titled 'The Kingdom of God lies within you' written by Tolstoy Leo Graf. In the early 1900's.  I have selected 3 paragraphs that contain some rather interesting and liberating words that I think applies to our Global circumstance. 

(To the mods, if I have placed this in the wrong forum, my apologies. I have also complied with the plagiarism rules to the best of my understanding.  
. )

Anyway, it is becoming clear that humankind is beginning to reap the fruits of thousands of years of evil and oppression. I think it is time for each of us to take responsibility for our own sovereignty and reclaim it independent of world governments. This book has empowered my thinking, and has strengthened my resolve towards inner and outer peace.

I believe these 3 paragraphs may open a discussion on human sovereignty and the governments attempted oppression thereof,

"..We do not acknowledge allegiance to any human government. We recognize but one King and Lawgiver, one Judge and Ruler of mankind. Our country is the world, our countrymen are all mankind. We love the land of our nativity only as we love all other lands. The interests and rights of American citizens are not dearer to us than those of the whole human race. Hence we can allow no appeal to patriotism to revenge any national insult or injury... we regard as unchristian and unlawful not only all wars, whether offensive or defensive, but all preparations for war; every naval ship, every arsenal, every fortification, we regard as unchristian and unlawful; the existence of any kind of standing army, all military chieftains, all monuments commemorative of victory over a fallen foe, all trophies won in battle, all celebrations in honor of military exploits, all appropriations for defense by arms; we regard as unchristian and unlawful every edict of government requiring of its subjects military service.

if we were to declare these truths unto ourselves, we could change the way we govern ourselves and bring peace through respecting the sovereignty of all human beings...

"The dogma that all the governments of the world are approvingly ordained of God, and that the powers that be in the United States,.. are in accordance with his will, is no less absurd than impious. It makes the impartial Author of our existence unequal and tyrannical. It cannot be affirmed that the powers that be in any nation are actuated by the spirit or guided by the example of Christ in the treatment of enemies; therefore they cannot be agreeable to the will of God, and therefore their overthrow by a spiritual regeneration of their subjects is inevitable."

Look familiar? Spiritual regeneration is happening EVERYWHERE.  No government has the right (or permission from our creator) to inflict suffering and death on ANY human being! it is against the will if our creator!

"The history of mankind is crowded with evidences proving that physical coercion is not adapted to moral regeneration, and that the sinful dispositions of men can be subdued only by love; that evil can be exterminated only by good; that it is not safe to rely upon the strength of an arm to preserve us from harm; that there is great security in being gentle, long- suffering, and abundant in mercy; that it is only the meek who shall inherit the earth; for those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword."

edit on 5-2-2011 by Visitor2012 because: Had to put Ex-Txt for quotations
edit on 5-2-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

join