It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Attorney General Urges Supreme Court to Hear Health Law Challenge Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It seems Virginia is not planning on backing down.

The unusual request comes three days after a Florida judge struck down the law over concerns about its requirement that people buy health insurance. A Virginia judge had earlier ruled that the so-called individual mandate was unconstitutional, though that judge did not invalidate the entire law.

The Department of Justice is appealing both rulings to the federal appeals courts. But Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli says he thinks the legal dispute has become so important that the Supreme Court should take it up immediately.

I imagine that he realizes how long this will drag out. I figure he wants it fast tracked before the bill goes into effect in 2014. If he starts now he "might" get a decision before then.

He said Virginia is spending between $20 million and $30 million just preparing to implement the law and needs to know whether it will all be for naught.

I agree with this. That is a lot money to blow if they are lucky enough to succeed.

I don't think anyone should be penalized for not buying into Obamacare. They don't have the best track record lately. And as I said in another thread the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Healthcare for all would be Utopia. The government running it would be Hades.

What rights are we willing to sacrifice to get this "free" care? And do you think states should be able to opt out?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 2/4/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Virginia is not the only one doing something, see my thread here-Wisconsin tells Obama where to put his un Constitutional bill

Wisconsin and Florida will not implement anything. As of RIGHT NOW, by the ruling of the court, this bill is null and void. Until another court overturns the ruling, the government cannot enforce or implement anything by rule of law. If they attempt to enforce or implement it, they can be held in contempt of court.

Constitutional breakdown because of this Admin and the last Congress. Oh well, we have domestic enemies amongst us.

join