It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mice being trained for Airport Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Okay , just when you thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous ...

Israeli scientists have developed a new system to facilitate airport screenings . Their new scanner looks much like the ones being currently employed , but with a new twist .

Instead of the rats that currently undress you with the scanners , you will now have real rats scrutinizing you as you pass through security checkpoints .

The new device houses three hidden chambers , which contain eight mice in each chamber , who are trained to sniff out explosives and drugs . They claim it has been tested successfully , the mice correctly alerted to 22 people who passed through the scanner carrying mock explosives .

Might be amusing to pass through one of these with some cheddar cheese in your pocket .

Gives a whole new meaning to being "ratted out" .

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm carrying cheese - the thoughts of a pat down or a sniff test by a mouse is just too much

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So I'm assuming that travelling with kittens in my pockets is now going to be considered an act of terrorism.

Hmm I better remove them next time

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I might put kittens in my pocket and turn em loose on the mice

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Its only slightly more ludicrous than the French idea of having feather boa wearing hamsters work on check in counters and the crazy British notion of employing guinea pigs to work on air traffic control...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I seem to remember a rumor about movie stars and actors using mice and gerbils for ***rectal exams*** is this along the same lines? Brings a whole new meaning to cavity search? At least the mice are smaller and less intrusive than having some big hairy female TSA agent groping around up there. Maybe they can train them to milk the prostate while their at it, $50 happy ending? ROFL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Is that a mouse in your pocket or are you the underwear bomber?

2nd line

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They've decided that the screening process isn't making travel unpleasant enough. Now they are adding creepy crawlies. Soon nobody will want to travel. This is good. Its much more difficult for a dictatorship to have control over the people when travel is easy. North Korea doesn't like having their pesky citizens traveling from place to place either.

top topics

join