It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Shelf Life of Drugs - What the FDA isn't Telling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I found some videos on a Youtube channel by PatriotNurse and thought they could be very helpful in a true emergency situation where proper medical care is not available. This could happen due to natural disaster or social upheaval, both of which seem to be looming close by in many parts of the world.
PatriotNurse discusses the actual shelf life of certain pharmaceuticals which as it turns out are viable long past their posted shelf life. This information was gleaned from a study done by the military in an attempt to cut costs at dispensaries.
As is turns out, there are many drugs which are not efficacious after their posted shelf life. It may be vital to know which are and are not if you are faced with a situation where you have no other options to use what you have on hand.
Sunlight, temperature and humidity can also affect the shelf life of drugs and these factors should also be factored in.

I really like PatriotNurse as she seems very well informed, speaks well and has a great smile. And what man doesn't like a woman who sometimes wears a Glock sweatshirt ?

Please pay special attention to her disclaimer which states that she can not be held responsible for any illness or injury incurred by use or misuse of this information.
Just like in a real survival situation you are responsible for your own actions

I tagged this video along as I felt it was close in theme to the first. PatriotNurse talks about the 5 most valuable antibiotics to have on hand if the SHTF.

PatriotNurse Youtube channel - www.youtube.com.../u/11/UV1ZmlVQ-1M

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I watched some more of her videos they were pretty informative. The ability to obtain and store meds will mean life or death. Staff infections are so easy to get now a simple cut can be fatal without the right antibiotic. I know 2 people that almost died from it. What will happen if we don't have the right meds?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I can attest to that. I've taken expired everything. Some things 10 or 15 years past. And they did their job.

join