It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ciudad Juarez Breaks 1951 Cold Record.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The coldest weather in 60 years blanketed the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez with snow Wednesday, forcing dozens of people into shelters and businesses to close as power failed in some areas.

Article:www.msnbc.msn.com...

Ay Caramba! If this isn't a 'heads up',I don't know what is. This is exactly the scenario described by Piers Corbyn concerning the weather we had better be prepared for in the future. If his forecasting is accurate,it's also supposed to get worse.

You'll notice in the article that not only people were displaced,but this event also caused closure of factories and banks. It says nothing of the potential effect on things like food production and commodities prices and I guarantee you these disruptive weather patterns will have an effect even if it's relatively small at this point.

If you're a follower of Piers Corbyn or others like him,you'll also know that Spring time isn't predicted to be much more stable either. Look for long,wet periods following winter as well.

The question to ask concerning these new massive winters storms in relation to the equator is: 'How low can you go?' You start seeing snow in Acapulco,you know it's time to head for the hills-or the caves.
edit on 3-2-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: wording.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i wonder if people round there even own a winter coat,i suppose they wil just have to triple up on ponchos

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon
This is exactly the scenario described by Piers Corbyn concerning the weather we had better be prepared for in the future. If his forecasting is accurate,it's also supposed to get worse.

Well in that case, based on the accuracy of his British forecasts, there's more hope of a blind man riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex to the Moon and back tonight, than there is of it getting worse

We're still waiting for the Christmas blizzards, let alone the bitterly cold, snowy January ........
Oddly enough, he's gone rather quiet of late.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon
This is exactly the scenario described by Piers Corbyn concerning the weather we had better be prepared for in the future. If his forecasting is accurate,it's also supposed to get worse.

Well in that case, based on the accuracy of his British forecasts, there's more hope of a blind man riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex to the Moon and back tonight, than there is of it getting worse

We're still waiting for the Christmas blizzards, let alone the bitterly cold, snowy January ........
Oddly enough, he's gone rather quiet of late.

I did say 'if' as this whole weather thing as gotten pretty beyond anyone's guess other than the fact that does seem to be getting severe all over. You just never know about these things. He has been pretty accurate in the past. Can't get 'em all right all the time,you know?

When I said worse,I was referring to a longer period of time than a just a few months. Some of the forecasts call for exponentially worse weather with each passing year, if some of these models related to climate change have any validity.

top topics

join