It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay China first? Before SS and even our soldiers, legislation to do just that.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How much our elected officials hate American citizens and has sold their dirty souls to foreign money?

Pay China First?

Yes my friends is legislation in congress that will give the rights to payment to China first and then other foreign nations over the rights of American citizens, Under the legislation, proposed by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), China, not soldiers, Social Security recipients or American citizens would take precedence..

How much do you love now your rotten and corrupted politicians.

Can you believe the this?

China is not the only beneficiary at the expense of the American people. The bill would require the U.S. Treasury to pay all foreign countries and financial institutions ahead of domestic investors, banks and citizens of America. China just happens to be by far the largest foreign holder of American debt.

"I intend to introduce legislation that would require the Treasury to make interest payments on our debt its first priority in the event that the debt ceiling is not raised," Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) wrote in a Friday Wall Street Journalop-ed, attempting to paint it as the fiscally prudent thing to do.

www.economyincrisis.org...

We lost our country leaders to foreign interest a long time ago.

Traitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
PAY CHINA FIRST!!!!
You know what maybe CHINA should freaking pay us for saving thier arses from Japanese invading them completely in WWII!!! So tired of this China bailed us out garbage so we owe them everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What happened in the past (WW2) is done and over with.

Now we want other countries (China included) to buy our debt. To do that we must guarantee to them that we will repay the bond. Which means they get paid first. This is no different than any city in the US that issues bonds for their pet projects. Bonds get paid before anything else.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is the same as securing a loan. really it is only fair enough, it is there money. it is the way finance works rightly or wrongly. until we learn to do things differently we are stuck with it.
kx

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
your missing one point

this is moot

our gov't will certainly pass a debt limit increase,,,

this could be a ploy to make those who would oppse an increase look bad,,, because by default they would be supporting this

and that makes for a great campaign commercial

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well the bill is getting momentum and now is gaining more votes from the Republican freshmans tea party followers

Yes,

Despite the absurdity of the legislation, it is gaining some support among lawmakers - mainly freshman Republicans with ties to the Tea Party. So far, the bill has garnered 18 co-sponsors in the Senate and a similar version in the House has 15 Republicans signed on.

economyincrisis.org...

Now the joke that our nations has become, to those ruling classes, pay China first then pay the falling worthiest in the nation and forget about the nations needs, seems to be the motto in Washington all at the expenses of the tax payers back and hard labor.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We just need to print the money and pay them. Let the dollar do what it will. Or maybe we should give them the military's inventory of $10,000 toilet seats and call it even.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

You know I can not stop my amazement of what kind of bubble heads we are electing in Washington, it seems that people have forgotten how politics has been played before in the nation.

Now remember that most of the defense budge doesn't go to the military directly but first the private military complex is pay first and takes much of the money.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well when I get my paycheck I pay my debts first and what's left is mine to spend..

What you need is politicians paid by performance..
If they can't balance the budget, then they should not get paid..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think it would be in best interested of national security of America to pay off foreign debt as soon as possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

That is what we did with the bailouts we paid foreign banks first along with the wealthiest institutions in the nations but left the nations fall into economic chaos, until this day we are in economic chaos and not bubble head seems to find a way to get us out.

But we most pay china first.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I don't think you quite understand the gravity of a situation where foreign nations all demand to be paid back US cannot. Better to get the debt out of the way before it turns into a crises. Once America is toast much of the world that pretends to smile and get along will no longer have to pretend to be friends.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

How will the terms of this pay-off be arranged?
In dollars, in land, in people placed in work camps?
Any ideas how this "pay back" system will work?
Has China dumped the dollar yet?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the point most seem to be missing is,
if the debt ceiling is NOT raised,
the US Dollar will crash anyway.
You cannot do quantitative easing
forever.

we are screwed either way.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
and if this legislation is not bad enough,
check out this lil jewel concerning China
and the US DOD.

China Eyes U.S. Defense Contracts
Hoping to Compete on Cost, Stealth-Jet Maker AVIC Teams With Tiny U.S. Firm;
Any Bid Likely to Draw Fierce Resistance

online.wsj.com...

Could US Planes, Helicopters and weapons carry a lil sticker saying:
"Made in China"

edit on 2/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That is not the worst of it. The US will soon loose the US Dollar as world currency. And when that happens it is over and out. Chine will then keep the US in ruins for the rest of its existence.

There is nothing any American can do. It is to late. The only question now is when will it happen and how fast.

It is like the Bible verse say. God has set a trap for you. And your creditors will make you pay.............

top topics

join