It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: 12: Middle East The Struggle for Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Special Broadcast Time 7PM EST, 4PM PST

The Politics online sister show of the AM radio parent show ATS LIVE with your co hosts..

Semperfortis and Martin Bain..With Jack, Justin, Steve, Luke and Ayana in the studio

Join us, listen in and call us as this is all about you wonderful folks that are the backbone of ATS. We will tackle the issues in ways that the Main Stream Media never will..

Blunt... Unbiased.. Cut to the chase, honest discussion of the political issues and news shaping our world today, this ain't your local news.

This episode will focus on the current protests exploding in the Middle East, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Yemen and the potential outcomes of the region. We would love to hear your thoughts as well.

Remember that the most appreciated opinions are from the members of ATS.. so please, if you have an opinion that you would like to share.. give us a ring.. via skype.. and here's how..

Call-In Using Skype
1) Install Skype
2) Add ATS Live Studio to your Skype contact list.
3) Send us a text message via Skype, do not call directly.
4) Wait for your position in the queue.
5) Tell us what's on your mind!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

My thoughts?

Well, unfortunately, almost all "revolutions" end up with another form of Dictatorship. Though I hope for the best, I suspect you will have either a new Military Dictator or "Fundamentalist" Religious leader (another Dictator), or at best a new "corrupt" so called President or Prime Minister who just cannot find it within their heart to vacate office.... ever... once in power.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The struggle for freedom? In the Middle East?

It would make for good comedy!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
“Naturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.”

Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg
Trials after World War II.

No Comment by tristar.

People willingy accept not to embrace and learn from history. You sir/madam are at crossroad,

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Is that the Kennedy "Responsibility of the Press" speech? I have limited BW so I try not to use it up on videos...

If so, I think we may touch on that on the anniversary week of his speech.. It is a very important speech.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Oh trust me, i am not a person who is seeking any anniversary speech, my post, especially within this section are primed for a particular purpose. Do not confuse my interaction as a human with internet reaction. Are we clear ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Entertaining post as always
Now back to the shadows you...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by tristar

Entertaining post as always
Now back to the shadows you...

No shadows..for me..but rather a an aspect that society will not accept as reality. So i put forth, at what point are you willing to step up ?

Before you take judgmental response upon myself, i suggest a reality check.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Obvious delay tidme in response, its done.

edit tidme (time) , i am not what is withing a directive. it is a gesture, do not confuse the gesture.
edit on 1-2-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Didn't know there was a clock ticking... no worries.. there was nothing posted that was intended as a jab at you, apologies if you took it that way.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Didn't know there was a clock ticking... no worries.. there was nothing posted that was intended as a jab at you, apologies if you took it that way.

seriously...if you were switched on and had the ability , you would have seen a influx of clicks..now at which point and at what level must i do what i am not able to do...Simply...speaking..plz..do not go down that path with myself..short and sweet. Perhaps a coffee at at alisons ?Unless you think and i hope you dont, that you are able to do what you perceive to do. Please, this site is not subjected, swing pad.

Humans are so predictable

Hint !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Um yeah struggle for freedom - thats what Sorros and the N.E.D have been setting up activist groups for in the M.E for the last few yrs - sounds lovely doesn't it!

Almost immediately after Barack Hussein Obama’s speech to ‘the Muslim world’ on Al-Arabiya, we began to draft a blog post, originally entitled ‘Did Obama’s speech to the ‘Muslim world’ legitimize the Muslim Brotherhood?’. It’s no longer a question, rather a statement.

Here is what Obama stated on Arab television just days after taking office that drew our attention: “And so you will I think see our administration be very clear in distinguishing between organizations like al Qaeda — that espouse violence, espouse terror and act on it — and people who may disagree with my administration and certain actions, or may have a particular viewpoint in terms of how their countries should develop. We can have legitimate disagreements but still be respectful.” Source

he Ikhwan is the Muslim Brotherhood, the very same Ikhwan that penned a lengthy memo ‘on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America‘:

The Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions. Without this level of understanding, we are not up to this challenge and have not prepared ourselves for Jihad yet. It is a Muslim’s destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack. But, would the slackers and the Mujahedeen be equal.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

It's all about perception isn't it? I would think that the folks protesting are struggling for some freedom, but they don't know that their concerns are not what is being jockeyed for?

Huge power play going on?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
15 minutes to broadcast...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by JohhnyBGood

It's all about perception isn't it? I would think that the folks protesting are struggling for some freedom, but they don't know that their concerns are not what is being jockeyed for?

Huge power play going on?

you have our support.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In the words of JFK,

"an error does not become a mistake unless you refuse to correct it "

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Please bear with us.... we had to restart the software... I blame semper

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Signed sealed and approved. Time is up, way to many resources spent. Time allocated before April. ATS, keep up your online and offline activity, you are far more constructive as a site in comparison to who you presume are your competitors.

I stand beside you, not behind or in-font.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The problem with so called "Freedom" in the ME, is that through the election process terrorists will takeover the governmental positions via intimidation, corruption, and force, and therefore in the end there will be no democracy, no freedom, only a whackjob caliphate run by the extremists who've been waiting for such an opportunity!

new topics

top topics

join