It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And just in case the embed doesn't work:

UFO Over Moon

Well, I did quick search and didn't see anything already covered on this. I could be wrong. So take a look and tell me what you think it could be. To me, it looks like a mouse pointer. Has anyone else heard about this?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm sure I commented on this very video yesterday or the day before. I call 100% fake on this, the detail of the "craft" is too high compared to the moon, and watch the shadow. The artist who faked this did model the curve of the moon, making the shadow appear to cross the lunar surface.

the problem is, the light for the 3d fakery is set as a spotlight pointing from almost directly behind the camera. As any 3d artist knows, the sun produces linear light, and unless the sun was directly behind the camera, that shadow is fake.

Also pay close attention to the zoom in segment, you can clearly see 2 defined shadows, one trailing the craft close behind, another zooming along the surface of the moon. that would require 2 different light sources at different angles.

edit on 31-1-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
yes it does kinda look like a mouse pointer

It also looks like a Delta Wing Kite from above and it also appears to be casting a shadow on the surface...

do we know what capture this...? camera type & where from ?

werd
edit on 1/31/2011 by spoonbender because: thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I apologize people, there IS already a thread covering this exact same thing HERE

My bad

Thanks for your input though

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Exactly my thought as well. At the point where the shadow is directly under the object shows that the light source is directly behind the camera. So unless he was taking this footage from the surface of the sun, this is fake. Not a bad job of it though.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowsecretxx
I apologize people, there IS already a thread covering this exact same thing HERE

My bad

Thanks for your input though

Please contribute comments to the existing thread.

Closed.

top topics

join