It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with Frank Haas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
He's a past grand master of West Virginia who was unfairly expelled by the currrent grand master for visiting lodges in Ohio.

When Frank was grand master, he wanted to change the by-laws to match up with by-laws in other jurisdictions. He sued in civil court for breach of contract, and the Masons motioned to have all discussion of racism stricken from the records.

I also read something about how Masons who live in West Virginia were not buried with Masonic honors if they belonged to a lodge in Ohio.

www.freemasoninformation.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I've been to a lodge in West Virginia, I'm from Ohio. Actually it may have been Virginia.. I don't remember now.. but anyhow, I've never heard of such hostility between Grand Lodges. I hear about hostility between Lodges and Grand Lodges all the time. I also tend to believe the Grand Lodge has far to much politics (internal Masonic politics) it wouldn't surprise me to see a Grand Master punish another Grand Master if they were political enemies.

But to actually "expel" someone from Freemasonry, you must first do so in a Blue Lodge, and then must be voted (in most states) by the officers of every lodge, with the charge made public. Masonry is a very open direct democracy.

After reading through the link I'd have to say he made himself very unpopular, being very authoritarian.. But I'd say it has more to do with WV being .. WV .. it's an interesting state, not surprising so is their craft.

edit on 1/29/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

Also to anyone else, OP, Brethren etc.. burningtaper.blogspot.com... Lots more information at that link, which then links to other news articles.
masonic-crusade.com...

And the second link is the PDF to the actual Edict used to expel the former GM. If I hadn't spent so much time in WV playing hockey, I'd say I was almost surprised.
edit on 1/29/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Haas moved to Ohio after he was expelled by the Grand Master of WV. In Ohio, Haas became a Mason again, which led the Grand Lodge of WV to withdraw recognition from the Grand Lodge of OH.

new topics

join