It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the End of the World - as we know it...?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That's a lot of reading; I'm about a third of the way through it, and although there's a lot which I feel is 'stretching', or simply unappreciative of several relevant factors, there is plenty of interesting stuff to go at. I always find it a struggle to read when someone is trying to convince the reader that everything he or she thought she knew about something is wrong... In that sense there's an irreverence I find distasteful. However, as it's reminding me of some of the more fundamental symbolism and alchemical stuff at play in the old legends and scriptures, I'm bearing with it.

The heart of true prophetic works is that there is never only one interpretation to be gleaned from a careful study. A lot depends on perspective... In the case of 'Holy Books', the scholar's interpretation will often be the intentions of his heart reflected. The most sacred texts are coded and multi-layered to a degree that we've not yet collectively given credit for...

I'll try to dig out some good examples of what I mean.. Emanuel Swedenborg did a good analysis of the multiple layers of meaning in the Bible, and of course there's the amazing mathematical coincidences in terms of word count etc in the Vedas.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

the reason I suggested it is just that...it points to archetypal symbolism and the nature of secret societies and historical references worth looking further into.

I tend to 'scan' and glean an overview when reading these, I would never take it for fact....far too reality based to ever believe anyones interpretation without research and fact finding.

I am aware of a few of these places though and am familiar with many legends and religious and occultist practices and I do see the link.

I think if more people looked beneath the surface and took time to comprehend the nature of language, the oneness of the earth, societies, and how everything is linked, the world would be a better place with far more understanding of the things that really matter, including day to day tolerance and knowing who the real enemy are instead of all the crazy invented chaos thrown upon the masses as a smokescreen.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
to re-assess the question..

'as we know it'.. is always obsolete..

we never get the full story, rite?
/will we even know when it is the end?

either way... seems like we're gettin close.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join