It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious E-mail Message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've been doing some extensive research into a society in which both the 2004 democrat and republican candidates belonged to in their college years. I'm afraid that along the way, I must have ruffled some feathers. Saturday night I recieved an email from an IP address traced back to a certain university. The message simply said

Dear sir,
We respectfully ask that you please refrain from pestering any current students or alumni with anything less than serious inquiries.

When I tried to reply, I got a quick response stating "User Unknown"

Interesting, no?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The word 'pestering' sounds british. I bet this word was derived from the dutch verb 'pesten' which means the same! May I ask which society you're investigating?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's Skull & Bones. How are you a member of ATS and not know that? :p

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Esoterica is correct. I figured with the recent problems the board was having concerning frats, I would give vague details (an oxymoron?).
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences. Should I be concerned?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo
The message simply said

Dear sir,
We respectfully ask that you please refrain from pestering any current students or alumni with anything less than serious inquiries.

Interesting, no?

Sounds to me like as long as you are making "serious inquiries" you have nothing to worry about.

I am from hillbilly po-dunk Arkansas and people use the word "pestering" around here all the time. You don't get much further from british than hillbilly.

Hey at least they didn't threaten to sacrifice your children to the sun god or feed you to the reptilian horde that commands their allegiance or some nonsense like that!

From what you said, it sounds as though they just want to make sure you aren't up to anything mischevious. I think Skull and Bones would be just like any other of the fraternities, college or otherwise, in that they want to keep their secrets secret. Otherwise, what's the point in having secrets? Right?

It's just my opinion, but I think people are reading way too much into the Skull and Bones issue. It's a fraternity, people. I have heard an argument that I think sums it up pretty well:

Doesn't it make sense that members of a fraternity who "tap" on the best and brightest in their class (only 15 per year) from one of the best universities in this country end up successful and in powerful positions?

I'm not ruling out the possibility of something malicious, but it seems alot less likely to me than good students ending up in good places.

On the other hand, ol' GW isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, I don't think anyone will argue with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What did you Spam them with a similar e-mail?

Dear Sir,
I will be attending your college next fall and was looking into my options for a fraternity. I would like to inquire on the following information about your organization. I plan on pursuing a career as a Political Science major, with the aspirations of becoming a US politician, and future Ruler of the World. So here are the items I would like to know:
1) Do I HAVE to come from a family that owns controlling stock in at least one major US Corporation?
2) For how many years after graduation will I have to be part of the NSA, CIA, or FBI?
3) Will you provide tutors to train me in the ways of Black Magic?
4) In what way are you affiliated with other secret organizations around the world?
5) In what ways are you affiliated with the New World Order?
6) If I join the military, will my record be fluffed then conveniently lost?
7) Will I be accorded primary status and protection in the event of national emergency?
8) What kind of life long contacts can I expect to meet from other rich and powerful families that run this country, and may someday contribute to my campaign fund?
9) Will I be guaranteed a place as a politician or head of a major corporation for joining?
I will be anxiously anticipating your response, considering I have offers from several local dormitories as well.

Sincerely
M��.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the purpose of that e-mail was to use its mysterious nature to scare you off. It was design to intimidate a person snooping into what they want to keep secret. Not that there threat shouldn't be taken seriously. I guess take it as a warning but currently you have nothing is going to happen to ya.

*edit: defcon5 that e-mail was too funny!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As I said in another post, "pestering" frats is one thing, senior societies are a whole other animal. It is the undergrads that drive a fraternity, but it is the alumni who drive a senior society. Adults tend to take things more seriously when someone is sticking their nose where it shouldn't be. If you're that curious about them, read Sutton and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo
I've been doing some extensive research into a society in which both the 2004 democrat and republican candidates belonged to in their college years. I'm afraid that along the way, I must have ruffled some feathers. Saturday night I recieved an email from an IP address traced back to a certain university.

Interesting, no?

First of all, why the secrecy with YOUR post. 98% of us know who you are talking about.
Second, why would they want to disclose private information to you? I'm thinking Skull and Bones doesn't think you are entitled to info ont ehm...you are NOT a member!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

First of all, why the secrecy with YOUR post. 98% of us know who you are talking about.
First of all, if you had read my last post you would understand my "secrecy." All the college frat threads have been closed, so I was trying to write my post without any direct references.
Second, if you know where to go, the information is plentiful.

I'm thinking Skull and Bones doesn't think you are entitled to info ont ehm...you are NOT a member!

So maybe you DON'T know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have recieved odd emails, none threatening though. In my opinion, you have nothing to worry about so long as your not plagerizing. You obviously struck a nerve, if you need a place to secure information, I'm willing to hold any copies you feel need to be.

Don't back off, step up and stick your finger to their chest really hard!
You got their attention, take advantage of it.

top topics

join