It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Party of Canada Proposes Better Way to Spend Coffee Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

OTTAWA—The mythical “Tim Hortons voters” of Canada now have a political movement to call their own — the Coffee Party of Canada, for those who want better service from their governments and big business.

www.thestar.com...

www.dwatch.ca...

At last, a viable choice for Canadians tired of the same-old same-old whack-a-mole style of elections where 'voting out' is the standard resulting in minority governments. We need the public to get involved big-time for a change since the latest stats on apathy have settled around 15%.

I hope something comes of this, at least by having a choice of double double, black or in-between. Democracy Watch is the perfect venue for morning debates at our local Timmies.

I'll have a toasted raisin bagel while holding feet to the fire, please.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'd join you and have a sesame seed one, but they discontinued them. I agree anything we can do to get people involved is great, the attack ads have already started. Harper thinks he can win a majority, we NEED to give him the boot, even if we elect Iggy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Harper needs to go!!

Every time his name comes up my spine shivers.

Hopefully this group will be able to produce a better outcome of our frauds we call "elections". I know better than to hold my breath though

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I was willing to vote for the Eastern Chipmunk again, just so I wouldn't feel ashamed for avoiding the polling booth. A spoiled ballot even crossed my mind as did a vote for Gilles Deception. But, now there's a hopeful glimmer of light shining through onto the murky mudpit which is Canadian Federal politics.

Oh, and Peter McKay... California DOES NOT border Canada. Look at a map. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sweater Steve is busy doling out billions of tax dollars making sure abortions don't happen in Africa. Lovely. C-Street would be pleased.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
From The Star.

As well, since the banning of corporate donations to political parties, federal politicians may now feel freer to be less cozy with big business. On Wednesday, Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff described big corporations — once a large source of Liberal donations — as the “richest and most powerful” interests in the country, at odds with the interests of Canadian families.

I wonder what Iggy would be like in charge. He's very world traveled, and he's lived all across Canada too.
Even the word "conservative" doesn't sound like Canada.

Transparency and accountability of government would be nice.
I like the name, at least they can't be called something as bad as tea baggers

new topics

top topics

join